Chapter 9

" okay so jhené who do you feel like your music soulmate is?" The interview asked

" my music soulmate.... mmmh.. Um I think I would have to say y/n" she said and Sean looked at her

" y/n? Why"

" y'all know how hard her raps go right well she can sing and y'all have never heard us 2 even heard us together but I'm telling you the day we drop one or an album y'all will understand why I say that she's mine"

" so do you feel like your voices come together as one sometimes"

" yeah you can say that" she said.

I stopped the interview and laughed at the way Sean looked at her. " this nigga thought he was gonna be her musical soulmate like all he do is use her for background shi" I said shaking my head.

" he thought because they were together he had a free pass on that" jay said.

" lmao but Yeo my song with Meg doing numbers" i said doing a little dance.

" yeah and everyone think you together" he said.

" that's okay that means more ppl will listen to our music" i said plopping in the seat.

" I thought you was shooting game with normani" he said giving me a disappointing stare.

" listen she knows what's going on between Megan and i and she's okay with it for now. If we do get together she said and I quote 'I need to dead that shit or I'll end up dead' like mfs all ways threatening me jay" I said. Jay just looked at me then laughed.

" looks like you found your jhené 2.0 bitch she already putting you in your place" he said laughing still.

" fuck you" i mumbled.

" okay now say you and normani work out right and jhené wants to finally try again whatchu doing" he said.

" I um I don't know I wouldn't know what to do" I said.

" damn bruh hope it don't happen" he said.

" yeah yeah don't jinx nun" I said sinking into the couch.

Time Skip

" he's mad I said you were my music soulmate" jhené said through my AirPods as I worked out.

" why" I asked.

" because me and him have songs out and me and you don't" she said.

I looked at the phone. " well we have songs we've written together and have that one song that nobody heard" i said.

" yeah I still listen to it" she said.

" same our voices sound so young" i said looking at the phone to see she proped me up in her room.

" yeah it does in the future we need to make another song" she said sitting cross cross on her bed.

" for sure maybe even an album" i said finishing my pull-up crunches.

She was staring at me. " you know your mom definitely taught you it's not nice to stare" i said getting down to get my water bottle.

" yeah but when did you get so fit" she asked.

" uh after you left I went through a lot of different things" i mumbled.

" like" she asked.

" that's something we need to sit down and talk about not over the p-" I got cut off.

" aye Né I'm going to this party that uh ty dolla is throwing you cool with that" he asked fixing himself

" yeah go ahead" she said with a look on her face.

As that happened my phone dinged I look to see a message from normani.

Normani: heyy I was wondering if you wanted to get some pizza.

I texted her back quickly saying I was down and she texted me the day place and the time to be there... I have 25mins to get myself ready.

" aye uh Né I'm gonna call you later I gonna go eat with someone" I said stopping her and Sean's conversation.

" who" she asked.

" oh normani my melanin girl you know" I said with a smile.

" oh okay have fun" she said with a tone.

" I will" I said then quickly hung up and did the dash upstairs

I took a shower and quickly got dressed.

(Fit)

I checked myself out and I looked good. I quickly grabbed my keys and phone then shot out the door.

Time Skip

I hear the door open and close. I hear something moving around. As I was about to open my eyes I felt a body lay on me and something wet hitting my chest.

Her scent hit me in the face as she started sobbing on me.

I wrapped my arms around her. " jhené what's wrong" i rasped out.

" Sean ch-cheated on me" I heard her say.

My eyes have never shot open so fast " when, where, and who" I said staring at her.

" tonight... he lied he didn't go to a party that ty was throwing. Ty was with l-Lauren on a date... he was with his ex there's pictures everywhere y/n" she sobbed into my my chest.

" okay hey hey jhené listen to me okay it's his loss. He lost a good thing okay and he will realize that so do not stress it okay" i said rubbing her back and she slowly quieted down.

She sighed. " okay" .

" okay now I think you need a little distraction" i said.

She sat up to where she was sitting on me. She was wiping her face. " and what's that"

" come find out"

A/N

And I oop- well okay that's something.