Chapter 3

Nikita had stopped listening to John's words some time ago, well to be exact she hadn't listened to a single word he had said from the beginning, but who was fussed with all the small details. Instead she was more preoccupied by the vision that had plagued her just moments before. It wasn't necessarily the vision itself that was the problem, those came randomly without warning and frequent enough for it to be normal. It was the pain she had actually felt that was bothering her. That wasn't normal, she only saw not felt. Besides that, her visions only showed her events in the near future and by that she meant, seconds, minutes, sometimes an hour, but rarely anything more, into the future. Despite that, in the vision, she saw a lake that she's almost certain could not be found any near here. Not that large anyway. Maybe it was something due to the angle but even then you would have to drive for a few hours until you got to a relatively big one, so what exactly did she see? Am I supposed to warn him about looking both ways when crossing? Or maybe to staying away from lakes is the better plan.

Her unsuccessful planning was swiftly interrupted by everyone moving towards the old building. In order to not get left behind she sped after them, pushing away the vision to the back of her mind. "So your equipment...you've got quite a collection of expensive gear." Glad to see the contraption that had been destroyed the other day had a replacement. All this stuff is probably insured. 

"How unfortunate for you that all your efforts have been in vain."

"I'm impressed, a president of a research centre, with all this professional equipment, he must know what he's doing." Or he's a rich young master of some rich family overseas. 

"Did you come around to play or catch ghosts." Aren't you an obnoxious little thing. She thought as she observed what was happening around her. Maybe she could do a little grocery shopping and stock up the fridge before getting home and sleeping. Maybe research on lakes nearby is she still cared about the vision. 

"This is why i don't like kids."

"Aren't we all here to work together?" John hesitated. Definitely some sort of ang-

A nail, jammed door, screaming

By the time she came back to reality there was a new arrival in the room. One that seemed very familiar. The girl almost looked like kokeshi doll, wearing a red floral kimono and shoulder length black hair. However, Mai, as they had called her, seemed like she had just seen a ghost.

"The principal must have really wanted to demolish this building if he invited you." Another one? Where is that old man getting this money from?

The sound of something slamming followed by a panicked scream echoed through the corridors. 

Nikita's head snapped towards the sound. This, fortunately did not have anything to do with the supernatural, but how exactly would she be able to tell them this without seeming...odd? Did she even care enough to tell them?

"What was that?!" the Monk asked.

"It sounded like Matsuzaki-san's voice."

"Over there." Nikita waited for them to start moving before following behind.

"Open up! Please open up!" Nikita heard her panicked cries. She didn't seem to be hurt, only spooked. And this why you don't provoke people. She thought as the Narcissist tried to open the door only to fail.

"That's strange." He muttered under his breath. Or you're just very weak. She shrugged mentally, something about badmouthing him in her mind brought a sense of satisfaction. 

"Let me try." Monk-san said as he took the other's place. "IT WON'T OPEN I'M GOING TO HAVE TO KICK IT IN!" He called. "MOVE BACK AYAKO!" Oho first names? I should stop...

"HEY DON'T CALL ME BY MY FIRST NAME!" She shouted through the door.

Nikita took a big step back in case the floor broke through or anything of the sort happened. It was still a old building and she didn't feel like emptying her pockets with a hospital bill.

Just as she did the monk rammed the door and it fell of its hinges. Well, no trips to the hospital I guess. As Matsuzaki-san walked out and everyone was distracted, Nikita walked back to the mess and used her shoe to rummage through the rubble until she found what she was looking for. Crouching down she picked up the cause of all the mayhem and joined the others. Not noticing the odd look she received from a certain Narcissist.

Don't forget to vote or comment! I'd love to get some feedback.