Chapter 4

They all gathered back in the main room. It was clear that they were all spooked into believing that this was the work of the supernatural and although Nikita knew what had happened, she didn't know how to prove it without any proof and without seeming like a lunatic.

"I was checking the room when all of a sudden the door closed by itself!" Matsuzaki-san said.

"You sure you didn't close it by yourself." You don't need to make her seem like a nutter. If I didn't know about the nail then I would have thought maybe it was the fact that this is an old building that was going collapse in the near future. Or another no brainer, the rusty hinges? It's not like old doors get jammed or something, because that would be absolutely unthinkable. 

"YES I'M SURE!" She said with indignity. "There's definitely something here!" What happened to the girl with the braids?

"I don't sense it at all, there are no spirits in the building." Hara-san continued to insist.

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!" A medium... Nikita thought. Her mental running commentary was probably the only thing keeping her from making an epic escape by leeping out the window from the ground floor because safety matters, 

"You're making light of me being a psychic, aren't you?" Hara-san said "Aren't you a little embarrassed of being scared by a door that wouldn't open?"

"SHUT UP YOU LITTLE JERK!" At this point she just sounds like a spoilt brat that's trying to win an argument without actually using her brain. "I'm a professional unlike a fake psychic medium who got popular just because of her pretty looks!"

"Thank you for the compliment on my looks." Wow, she reminds me of a certain narcissist. Tired of the petty one-sided argument going on in front of her, Nikita decided to look elsewhere for something else to occupy occupy her time with while these people solved their issue. Maybe if you confessed that you knew why the door closed or come up with a normal excuse for it, you wouldn't have to be stuck here watching this. 

As she turned around she saw the narcissist looking a her, as if he was trying to figure something. Maybe he's one of those people that look in random directions while thinking or something . As she tried to persuade herself that this was the case, his eyes unusually purple eyes shifted and met hers causing a shiver to run down her spine. She wasn't sure whether she was curious or horrified at why he was looking at her like he was about to dissect her. She must have visibly recoiled from him as his browed scrunched up before he let out an inaudible sigh before stretching his hand out.

What does he want me to do? High five him or something? Maybe shake him hand

As if he had read her mind he brought his hand back. "Give it to me." Give what? My hand? "The nail." He said again in a low voice. How does he know about the nail? Is he some sort of mind reader?  She thought as she passes the nail over to him.

"I think that what I just experienced was caused by chirei that live on land." Said Matsuzaki-san. Or it could have been a nail.

"Chirei? You mean a jibakurei?" Said Monk-san.

"No I don't. Jibakurei are spirits trapped in a particular location because of something that had happened there. Chirei are spirits of the land, also known as seirei." So many new words.

"I think it could be a jibakurei. I wonder if something happened in the building in the past?" Or it could just be a nail. "My guess is that's there's a ghost afraid of losing it's home and is trying to prevent a demolition."

"What do you think John?" Said, why do I still not know this guys name?

"Isn't the phenomenon of a haunted building usually caused by a spirit or a ghost?" Here's a thought, maybe it was caused by the rusty nail that this guy is currently rubbing all over his face after I found it in dirt!

Don't forget to vote or comment! I'd love to get some feedback.