Confusion

Carlos entered his favorite coffee shop, then sat down on his favorite spot which is a table for two near the glass wall. He wants to look at the view outside while his mind is thinking about Kate, as usual. 

"Good morning, sir. It's been a while since the last time you went in this coffee shop. I hope you're doing fine, sir."

 Carlos heard that friendly words. He didn't get surprise when he saw Jade smiling in front of him now. "Y-Yes, I'm fine. Thanks for your concern, miss..." He read the name on the waitress name plate. "Jade." 

Jade smiled. It is her duty to be friendly with the customers, but she can't understand why this customer seems special for her. She's always anticipating for him to passed by, and drink coffee on this shop. She always felt disappointed too whenever her shift will end without a glimpse of this customer.

 "I know I shouldn't meddle with my customers personal life but... I want you to know that you can talk with me if you want to. I would love to listen to your stories, sir." Jade said, still smiling at him. 

Carlos felt touch in her words. He likes the fact that a stranger is caring for him and willing to listen to his stories. He smiled. "Thanks for being so nice to me, miss Jade. I hope... we can be friends."

 Jade's eyes light up hearing those words from him. "R-Really? I-I want to be your friend too, sir..."

 "Carlos. My name is Carlos, miss Jade." He said with a warm smile on his face. 

Jade smiled back. "Nice to meet you, sir Carlos. I hope, we'll be good friends from now on." 

They both shook each others hands while smiling to each others. Having a new friend will somehow help Carlos to slightly forget the painful feeling inside his heart right now. 

------------------------------- 

Jeric is currently choosing for a nice outfit inside his closet which he will use for his movie date with Kate tonight. He is so happy every time he's with her. She can always make his heart smile in any simple things she do. He finally told himself that his heart will only be for Kate from now on. He promised to himself that he will never accepts Candace in his life again.

 He heard a knock on the door. "Jeric. Candace is on the living room and waiting for you. She wants to talk with you." He heard his mom said outside his bedroom's door.

 The excitement on his face fades upon hearing that girl's name again.

 ------------------------------ 

Jeric went downstairs, then saw Candace sitting on the sofa in the living room. Candace smirked after seeing him, stand up then hugged him tight. 

He will admit that he missed her warmth, but he will never forget that this girl cheated on her with his other friend named JC. He gently pushed her away from him. "What are you doing here, Candace?" 

"Aren't you happy to see me again? I thought you missed me like crazy, Jeric." She said, showing her innocent smile. 

He cursed himself mentally, because his stupid heart started jumping like crazy for her once again. "What do you want, Candace?" He asked coldly, but his heart keeps on pounding so fast right now.

 Candace smiled, then slowly hold both of his hands. "I'm here to ask for a second chance, Jeric. JC and I broke up yesterday, after I've realized that you're better than him. Let's give our love story a second chance. Please?" 

He laughed bitterly, then pulled his hands away from her hold. "You never changed, Candace. You are still so full of yourself. What makes you think that I will accept you once again? I'm no longer the foolish guy who fell in love with you before." 

He wants to curse her, he wants to hurt her not just emotionally, but also physically, but he stopped himself. How can he do that if his foolish heart is still in love with his own heartbreaker? 

Candace looks offended by his words and actions, but by looking at her ex lovers eyes, she realized something. "Stop fooling yourself, Jeric. I know you're still in love with me. Don't be too stubborn." She circled her hands on his neck then captured his lips in a short kiss. "I'm yours again from now on. Stop acting like you don't want me anymore. I know that you will be mine whenever I want to, honey."

 He glared at her, then tried to push her away but she captured his lips once again. He can't help but shed a tear because his heart and mind are torturing him. His mind is telling him to move on and just go back to Kate, but his stupid heart is forcing him to accept Candace love once again.