Realizations

Ajey's POV

It is 7:30 pm. The time she comes. One whole week now. No more interaction with her. She actually called Yash to ask about me but changed the topic. Today, for a change I did a livestream in the evening. I need to distract myself. So, I open twitter and just scroll randomly seeing various topics. I surfed for almost an hour. Then suddenly I notice this on the side of my phone -

 Then suddenly I notice this on the side of my phone -

It was trending in India. I clicked it immediately. I read the article with a solemn expression across my face.

(Copy pasted nahi hai bc)

After ages and ages of transgender community fighting for equal rights, Government might have accepted them, but our public isn't close to accepting them. 4 transgender - suicide cases in the past 2 days. One of the cases had the victim of age 24 who was an expert dancer. Her friend, Mridula, who used to live in the same apartment had a talk with us and she reveals the very discriminated life of theirs. "We used to live on a secluded floor." "Very few people come near us and rest scowl the moment they see us" That is what is going on online as well" "More than slangs or cusses, they seem to think that calling someone 'one of us' is the worst insult they can think of" She was abandoned by her parents at a very young age and this natural thing continued to traumatize her. No one judged her on the basis of her talent but on the basis of her being a transgender." After saying this, Mridula broke down into tears. 

I didn't have the heart to read ahead. Ayesha had explained me the exact same thing. I kept my phone aside and lied down for a while. I was in deep thoughts. I should apologize to her. I made a mental note to myself to talk to Saiman as well. I jumped out of my bed and ran towards Yash's room.

YASH!!! - I screamed.

Yash- "Kya hua, Chilla kyu raha hai?

Me - Abbey, mujhe realize ho gaya hai. I need to talk to Ayesha once again.

Yash - Bohot jaldi hi realize ho gaya. Just go say sorry and don't come back until she comes with you to chill with us.

Me - I am feeling afraid. What if she doesn't agree ?

Yash - Why won't she agree? Obviously, agar tu bina pooche hi bolega to yahi hoga. Abb jaa. Pata nahi main tujhe kabse bol raha hoon.

Me - ( I still felt a little hesitant. Maybe because I was regretting my actions ) Lekin....

Yash- Lekin wekin kuch nahin. (He says agitatedly and pushes me on shoulder urging me to go.)

I get that Zindagi-vibe and go off to apologize.-

I had never been to her house earlier

I had never been to her house earlier. I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. But Sridatri opened the door.

Me- Hey, umm, Is Ayesha there? I actually wanted to meet her. (Confidence gayi maa chudane. I am speaking like this to a person, I know for 6 years)

Sridatri- She has not returned from college yet. I called her some time back but looks like her phone has lost network. You can sit here wait.

Me-  Ok sure. Thanks I guess.( Screw me)

Sridatri went to her room and shut the door. I was sitting on an old sofa and a little clearing was in front of me which was the small kitchen. It looked exactly how Ayesha had described it.

I looked at the fridge carefully, or a better word would be a minibar you see at hotel rooms. It had something glowing and colourful stuck on it. I went towards it.

Then I see a piece of exquisitely painted thermocol with some names a small descriptions in the form of sticky notes

Then I see a piece of exquisitely painted thermocol with some names a small descriptions in the form of sticky notes. Bulbs of different voltages were glowing. Those small ones used for electricity and circuits experiment. My immediate reaction was, "yeh engineering ki bakchodi mujhe samajh nahi aayegi." Then it struck me. The closer the person is to her, the brighter the bulb glows. It was the perfect presentation of intricate craftsmanship.

Aditya & Garv -We hutiyas know everything about each other. Except my one lil secret. (80% bright)

Raghav - The college and Google mate (30% bright)

Kritika - My partner-in-crime da. (95% bright)

Shreyas - The Harry to this Hermione. Exception - one lil secret (90% bright)

Yash Bhaiya - My only brother who is worthy of that tag. (60% bright)

I read that with a big smile. Then my stomach lurched when I saw my name.

Ajey -  He is the one lil secret . Gulabi Dil. (Light is off) 

I see a small sticky note next to the bulb.

"Because he practically detests me now".

I felt a surge of regret rise up to my veins. I quickly removed the note. Another piece of folded paper fell down. Perhaps it was stuck on the backside of the stick note. I pick it up and open it. It looks like a letter which bore an uncanny resemblance to the handwriting on the sticky notes.

I am getting all bottled up now. Nobody except Yash Bhaiya (obvio duhhh..) knows about my friendship with Ajey. And nobody will ever know. Because it doesn't exist. I had to let it all out. This is the first time in 2 to 3 years, I have cried properly. I actually removed all my frustration in those 2 hours of crying. (I felt extremely guilty. I had hurt her so much.) I would regret if I hadn't told it to him and after telling even, I am regretting. I know I should have told him a little softly, but I kinda lost my cool. I never parted with someone this badly. I thought I am good at maintaining friendships but I fucked it up this time. I have no clue, what to do. I hope atleast Yash Bhaiya forgives as it doesn't look like Ajey is gonna. I am not a person who keeps diaries but I had to scribble this.

I felt my pupils contract in disgust. On myself. I couldn't take it anymore. I went back home and stormed into my room ignoring Mom-Dad. I see Yash was sitting there a bowl full of Pringles.

Yash - "Ayesha kahan hai?"

Ajey - Woh abhi bhi college main. Mujhe yeh mila. She is very sad about it. Usko bhi~

Yash - Matlab, woh abhi tak nahi aayi!!

Ajey - Ha kaam hoga usko.

Yash - Yeh sab teri wajah se ho raha hai. College ka gate 8:30 band ho jata hai and it is 10 minutes past 9. This city is freaking Delhi and she is all alone. Do you have any idea, how serious this is? (He said while shaking me violently)

**************************************************

Kahan hai aap Ayesha? Nation wants to know.

No seriously.........................................