Chapter 2: Walk, Tag, Smile

Popplio's P.O.V.

As usual, I prepared myself before school by simply just washing my face near the sink and I stare into my reflection for a while before I sigh.

Popplio: "Get yourself together, girl. I mustn't think much about Litten, it'll just hurt me."

Someone suddenly open the bathroom door and walked in, it was Litten and he is focusing on his phone while holding a towel on his other hand, seems like he is too focus chatting with Brionne.

Litten: *Giggles* "Aww Brionne~ How sweet of you~"

Popplio: "..." *Clears throat* "This is occupied."

Litten: "Huh? Oh hey Popplio, didn't know you were in here."

Popplio: "Yeah right..."

Litten: "Oh Popplio, Brionne is going to school with us while Dad drive us there. You wanna come along?"

Popplio: "Umm... no thanks, I rather walk with Chairo instead." *Reaches to the door*

Litten: "Aww come on! Brionne is giving us chocolate, I know you won't refuse it!"

I suddenly froze out of shock when I heard that she will bring along chocolate, but I tried to fight it so that I can learn to not think about him.

Popplio: "It's okay Litten, you can have my share. Besides, me and Chairo promise to walk together to school!" *Tries to smile*

Litten: "Well, that's unfortunate. Alright then, I'll see you at school."

I quickly walk out of the bathroom before I groan out of annoyance and approaches Chairo's room.

Popplio: "Who would've thought it will be harder to not let yourself fall for someone who is already in love..."

When I opened the door, I was surprised to see Chairo was painting the ceiling and his feet were sticking on the ceiling and he didn't fall at all.

Popplio: "Ch-Chairo?! What are you doing there?!"

Chairo: "...?" *Looks at Popplio before he fell off and lands in front of her*

Popplio: "What was that all about?! I almost thought you were going to-"

Chairoi: *Close her lips with his finger*

Popplio: "Mmm?!"

Chairo: *Keeps staring into her eyes before he brought his finger away*

Popplio: "Umm... okay? Where was I again? Oh yeah! Come on, let's walk to school together!"

Chairo: *Tilts his head*

Popplio: "Well... let's just say we are not going with Litten since he brought Brionne along..." *Mumbles the last part*

Chairo: "..."

Popplio: "Come on! Let's go!"

I grabbed Chairo's hand and drags him off downstairs then towards the door.

Popplio: "We'll be going now! Goodbye!"

Incineroar: "Oh hey! You don't want me to drive you to school?"

Popplio: "No! It's okay! We want to walk together for once, bye!"

I quickly run out of the house while still holding Chairo's hand, dragging him.

Incineroar: "Huh? What's with that all of the sudden?"

Torracat: "Maybe Popplio just want to do something different for once, I think."