Chapter 29

Food was passed around for folks to get seconds while the chatter was light and jokes were made. Tig was in the middle of telling one particular story when Isis kicked him under the table. "My girls don't need to hear those types of stories, Trager!" she scolded making everyone else laugh. Tig pouting just made them laugh harder. Happy sat back and listened & watched as his woman interacted with his brothers like she'd been apart of their lives for years. He couldn't believe he'd actually fallen so hard and so fast for her.

She didn't take his shit, or anyone's for that matter, she was quick to defend herself and her loved ones, she had class, she was covered in tattoos and loved them as much as he did, and she could look past what he did for the club and their illegal activities. If there was such a thing as the perfect woman, Happy was sure Isis was it. Bobby had her and her girls laughing at some story as he leaned back in his chair and watched her face as she listened.

'Fuck, I love this woman so much!' he thought startling himself. Sitting there watching her, he knew his heart was overriding his brain. He did love this woman. And by virtue her children. It helped that they were older and not young, too! Watching her roll her eyes brought him out of his own thoughts and made him pay attention to the conversation she was having.

"I just don't think it's a good idea for a girl her age!" Isis tried to explain.

"Come on! Happy's teaching her the proper way to ride a dirt bike. Riding a Harley's no different!" Bobby stated.

Happy raised his eyebrow wondering what they were talking about.

"I've been saving my allowance so I could help pay for it too." Leia pouted.

"You would deny your daughter her first vehicle just because you didn't like it?" Jax looked down at the raven-headed woman.

"No. I'm denying it because I don't think Leia's first vehicle should be a motorcycle. If she wants to get one after getting an actual car then we can discuss things then." Isis retorted.

"Even if I could get her one for cheap?" Happy intervened.

"You could?!" Leia's eyes lit up making several of the bikers laugh.

"Sure. I know a guy who owes me a favor that has his own shop selling bikes. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to work something out for me." Happy smiled at the excitable teen.

"What did I just say?" Isis sighed.

"How about this: you help her get a car and I help her get a bike. That way she'll have both. She can use the car when it's too dangerous to ride like in inclement weather and stuff. When she's just going to Teller-Morrow and the house or somewhere like that she can ride the bike." Happy offered as everyone watched the mother and her 'ol man discussing things.

"That would be perfect mom! Please!" Leia begged as she batted her eyelashes, "Please? Pretty please?"

"I swear to all that is holy, Happy Lowman, my kid gets hurt on that fucking bike, the ants won't be able to find what I do with your body." Isis narrowed her eyes as she glared at a smirking Happy.

Leia threw her arms around her mother's neck and kissed her cheek before telling her "Thank you!" over and over again. Gemma just smirked at the back-and-forth between Happy and Isis. Co-parenting was hard enough. But co-parenting when one is more or less a step-parent is even harder. It was easy to see that Happy could convince Isis of almost anything. Tig was chuckling at the threat Isis had made to their assassin.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Happy's the one you better be thanking for this. Otherwise you wouldn't be getting a bike at all." Isis told her daughter, "And if your grades slip, I'll be taking the bike keys away. Do you understand me?"