chapter 6

Katerina's POV

I took a deep breath to get my nausea under control, what a pain in the ass.

I placed my hands on the back of my neck, ugh, I hate nausea. The moment I opened my eyes,  I was saddened to see a small child curled up in a ball near the entrance of an alley. The child was shivering, the kid was cold.

I slowly walked over to the kid, I summoned a jacket and placed it on the kid. The kid's head shot up quickly, and as soon as they saw me they relaxed slightly. Was my face comforting? I sent a gentle smile her way, I reached into my pocket and grabbed a sandwich that I had made just before I came. The girl was staring at it. I handed it to her and she quickly scarfed it down.

I held out my hand to her, I wanted her to trust me so badly. I wanted to- no, I needed to get the little girl off of the streets. I could not stand to see her suffering. I do not know why, but I felt a connection to her. Did she feel it too?

She reached out slowly and grabbed my hand. Thank God, I was worried for a second there. She doesn't seem like the cliche type so I don't think that she will say something like, I trust you. If she did say that I would have jumped off a cliff in Minecraft. "I trust you." Fuck! "I do not know why, but I do. Do not throw my trust in you away." The 'do not make me regret this.' was left unsaid, but I got the message.

I enclosed my hand around hers and picked her up, I wanted to take her back to the island. I waited to protect the small girl. That's it! I can use a ritual to blood adopt her! Yes! Finally, I'm not a complete dumbass!

I'll do that as soon as she trusts me enough. I walked into an alley and then teleported both the girl and myself back to the island. I felt a tug at my stomach and after a few seconds of being "stretched", we had made it back to the island.

The second we landed I started using my magic to calm down her nerves and nausea. Surprisingly that left me at half of my energy wasted.

Yeah, ummm... Hi? I'm not dead...? Writer's block is a back stabbing bastard. I can't think. Of anything. At all. Bye.