14

After coming home and having dinner with Chan Jeonghan decided to study the contents of the notebook.

Lee Seung gi : Project Alpha
initial cost of the Star Orphanage project was a 950k government funded project but Mr Lee had successfully reduced the cost to 500k by neglecting safety measures and hiring inexperienced workers. the whereabouts of the excess money is unknown by the government.

in a highlighted paragraph there was something truly messed up and disgusting.

casualties:
the roof of one of the bedrooms had fallen over and had taken out
Lydia Smith (9)
Millie Smith (8)
Julia Ohara (60)

and a picture of the victims, two young girls smiling with an older woman who looked like a caregiver at the orphanage.
there were crosses on their faces which truly made Jeonghan fuming in anger.
"What the fucking hell?" Jeonghan whispered as he looked up the case on the internet.
there wasn't an article, no news coverage, so the only way to dive in is by calling his loyal assistant, Jane the next morning.

"Hello Jane, sorry this is outside office hours"

"Hello Sir, its fine, i don't have plans"

" so i need you to look into something, un have you ever heard of a wreckage at Star Orphanage?"

"i have heard about it, three deaths"

"yes, Lydia Smith, Millie Smith and the caregiver, Julia Ohara, do you know anything about it"

"i know too much about it Sir" Jane's voice came out as a whisper.

"wait so Ohara, you know her" Jeonghan put the pieces together, he knew Jane's name was Jane Ohara but she wasn't the only one named Ohara here, but this was no coincidence, Jeonghan decided to call Jane because he knew that Jane didn't have any family left, maybe a distant sibling but no mention of anyone else.

" Julia Ohara is my Mother" Jane replied.
" And before you ask, i know about Lee Seunggi" Jane continued which sent chills down Jeonghan's spine.

" we should meet up, as friends, if its okay with you Jane." Jeonghan offered.

" how about now? the old coffee shop by the orphanage" Jane asked before hanging up.

"Okay-" Jeonghan tried to reply before the line cut off.

———————————————————-

Jeonghan came straight away to the coffee shop he even forgot to bring his phone, he didn't want to have Jane waiting, he wanted to wait for her instead especially since he was harassing her outside of office hours.
She was already there when he arrived, she looked so different, not the clueless secretary, not the computer geek, she had a darker vibe, her clothes were also different and she acted different.
" hi Jane i'm so sorry for bothering you on a Sunday"
Jeonghan apologised.
" no you can help me" Jane said with her head down.
" revenge" Jane continued.
" what-" Jeonghan was confused.
" my cover with you is already blown anyways,
you did say we meet as friends" Jane replied.
" you're so different" Jeonghan stared.
" shut up. we're here because of the bastard right? he killed my mom, those children, i can tell you where he is, who he loves, just ask me about him and i'll answer." Jane replied.

" what's his weakness?" Jeonghan questioned.
" his daughter, she's 15 now"

"by the way, as friends" Jane started.
"you should just tell me your plan, do you want to hurt him?" Jane looked at Jeonghan straight in the eyes.
" i know who you are Yoon Jeonghan. i know your tragedy, i know who you love, i look into my employers more than they look into me, now let me verify my information." Jane said. She was so, un-Jane-like, it was so peculiar.

" I- I want revenge too" Jeonghan stuttered.

" Lee Chan and Joshua, you love them right?" Jane questioned.
" Lee Chan is your brother, he is unknown to the media, no photos, nothing but as far as i know he is studying art and he lives with you. Joshua, a doctor you met him during boarding school."
" you would kill to keep them safe, you would break your own boundaries for them."
" lose everything for them"
" sacrifice yourself for them"
" would you?" Jane ended her question.

"y-yes" Jeonghan was overwhelmed. this was beyond what he wanted to know, he kept them so far from his work life, nobody was supposed to know about them, they were the only one he had left, if Jane could figure it out who knows what his enemies know.
" now since you would kill for them how about you hurt the people who hurt your brother? now let's start with Lee Seunggi, he is one of the ones who killed your family, he took your brother's happiness away. tell him how bad he is, how if he didn't stop he will lose what he had taken away from other people" Jane said with a threatening aura.
" I've gotten you a gift, i hope you can wait and see what an amazing gift i had gotten you" Jane continued before she stood up.
" now since we met today as friends, i hope we never ever talk about this again." Jane took out her wallet and paid for her coffee.
" now act like this meeting never happened" Jane said before she left.

Jeonghan was speechless, overwhelmed.
What she said left a mark, brought up emotions he never thought he had.

Jeonghan hates people hurting his family.
Now he wants to hurt the man who hurt Chan.