Chapter 11

Midnight's POV :
Zefan and I spent a lot of time at the beach. No words were exchanged between the two of us but the silence was enough to tell us that we werent ready to speak yet.

The minute I got home I went into my room, making sure to lock it just incase mom came home early.

I moved my bed to the side so I could see the floor board. There was one lose plank so the book was in there. I opened it up and this big old brown book just sat there stating at me.

I picked the book up and sat down on the floor. I blew the dust off it and touched it with my fingers, allowing myself to take in yet another extraordinary thing about my dad, writing.

I opened up the book and smiled. His hand writing was neat and petite. Everything about all of this seems suspicious but I promise you'll understand it in the end.

I started reading the first page:

'I guess now that you have opened this book it has happened. You have found your mate. I was 17 when I found your mom and we spent all this time together. The feelings great isn't it? Knowing when they're around and always feeling warmth in there presence. Now honey I know you're scared and I know you have no idea what's going on but I promise you soon will, I'm not saying that you shouldn't love, I want you to love, I want you to experience, I want you to know what it feels like to have someone always have your back, someone that's constantly fighting with you no matter what, believe me, it feels amazing and even if you haven't found the one, you'd still be amazing on your own, don't think the world only revolves around a soulmate, there's so much more going on in the world that you're yet to find out. '

From dad.

I smiled brightly, just thinking about the life mom and dad had together, it made me want to have the same. Then a sad smile played on my face, but I couldn't, I couldn't hurt someone that badly knowing that I was going to leave one day.

Someone rang the doorbell and I stared at my door surprised. I wasn't expecting anyone, so who could it be?

I closed the book and put it back in the floorboard and closed that hole, making sure it was secure then moved my bed back and trudged out of my room and downstairs.

When I opened the door, a confused smile made its way on my lips. "Kaden?" I said. "Hello" he said happily embracing me in a huge hug.
"I missed you" he whined. "I missed you too" I smiled. "Did you miss me?" a voice said and I felt him before I saw him.

It's funny how the universe works. When someone is that meaningful to you, you can sense them before you even see them. It's the way the world works, the way soulmates work but I couldn't be with him even if I wanted to.

"Not a chance buddy" I said playfully. He gave me a playful frown and chuckled. I stepped away from the entrance and let them come in.

I didn't even notice the bag in Zefan's hand until he swung it around in my face. I looked pass the bag. "What are those?" I asked. "We do need ingredients to make blueberry cheese cake" he looked at me sadly. "I don't know if your dad liked it but it's one of my favorites" he said once again.

"It was one of his favorite desserts actually" looking at his reaction mad me feel happy. My heart filled with warmth, it fluttered so hard I thought I would explode right there. "Why are you doing this?" I asked him.

"This day is very important to you and if it's important to you it's important to me" he finished and I thought I would melt right there.

"You didn't have t-"
"Yes I do have to" he said again interrupting me.
I smiled at him and frowned. "You're a good person Zefan" I said. "I wish the whole world thought that" he sad sadly.

I led him to the kitchen and Kaden followed. "Can I watch cartoons?" Kaden said happily. "Sure, let me just put the TV on for you" he said. Kaden followed me to the TV area and got comfy on the sofa, I gave him a blanket and switched on the TV.

I didn't really know what he liked but I put on one of my favorite TV shows. "I hope you like Henry Danger" I said looking at him. "I love him" he smiled. I put the show on for him and left back to the kitchen where I saw Zefan frowning at his phone.

"Okay so the recipe is complicated but I understand some of it" he said handing me my phone. I switched it off and placed it on the kitchen island. "I have a special recipe that only dad taught me and I'll teach it to you"i said and he smiled at me.

After getting all the bowls and things ready our blueberry cheese cake batter came together.

When we were done we put it in the fridge and while Zefan and I were cleaning, the door went open.

That was probably Star. "Hi family" she squealed as she walked in. "In here" I answered. She stood in the doorway of the kitchen looking shocked. Zefan noticed her and smiled. "Zefan" he extended his hand. "Star" she replied taking his hand.

She eyed me and the grin that reached her face couldn't even be described, I honestly thought her face was going to break by the way she was smiling. She wiggled her eyes at me and I rolled mine.

Star left the kitchen and went upstairs. Kaden then came running the kitchen. "Are we eating blueberry cheesecake yet?" Kaden asked excitedly.

Star came running down the stairs just as mom came in by the front door. My mood suddenly did a whole 180. "Hey guys" she greeted. "Mrs Dawson , lovely to meet you" Zefan said steeping forward and shaking moms hand. "Lovely to meet you"she replied back with a huge smile on her face.

I didn't bother greeting her. I was still upset about our argument this morning. Well I argued so...

I took the cheese cake out of the fridge knowing it will be ready by now. Mom watched and she had a smile on her face.

"You made your dad's favorite?" she asked. "Why wouldn't I, it's dad's birthday" I said back. I didn't mean for it to sound as harsh as it did but I could see my words hurt her.

"Honey I could always can-"
"No mom go on your date, tonight was clearly not important enough for you" I said while taking out a knife and cutting the cheesecake in slices and with Zefan's help, placing it into plates.

Zefan is so cuuute, it's amazing how quick we fall for someone isnt it.