Chapter 14

Midnight's POV :
It's finally Friday and it feels as if the week just flew by. Today was my last day of my first semester which mean I had a summer holiday coming up. Three months of lazing around.

Obviously college wouldn't let you stay at home without completing an assignment. So the assignment given to us was that we were supposed to capture the most rare moments of a human being and paint them. My professor said he wants extraordinary work and so I will give that to him.

I hopped out of bed, ready as ever to start my day. I quickly made my bed and went into my bathroom, took a quick shower and did my face wash routine and rubbed myself in my favorite scented body lotion and perfume.

When I left the bathroom I had to decide on an outfit. I decided on these blue cargo pants, with a cropped white t-shirt and my white doc Martin's.

For jewelry I went with, small gold hoop earrings and a gold choker.

When I was satisfied with my outfit, I threw my hair up into two messy space buns and skipped my way downstairs. I could smell pancakes in the kitchen so I knew mom was home.

When I reached the kitchen mom stood there with the brightest smile on her face. She was glowing! It's the first time in years since I've seen her this happy.

"Mom" I greeted excitedly. "Honey" she gushed and she stopped what she was doing and hugged me straight away. Footsteps were heard and Star entered the kitchen. I gave her a weird look and she looked at mom. She shrug her shoulders in confusion.

Star and I both had no idea what was going on, mom just seemed really happy. "I take it the date went well" Star said pouring herself some coffee. Mom sighed a dreamy sigh. "More than you'll ever know" she gushed.

Mom continued making the pancakes and neither Star nor I bothered asking about how her date went. It wasn't that I wasn't happy for her, it's just I feel as though she's moved on so quick from dad. It breaks my heart really.

After breakfast, mom asked me if we could go to the mall after college. I agreed and Star agreed too. I have to admit I do miss my mom, we don't see her as much because she's always working.

I quickly greeted mom and Star and I was out the door. With my bag on my shoulder I rushed to my car. I unlocked the car and got in, started the engine and I was off to college.

I parked my car in my usual parking spot and Marcel stood next to his car waiting for me. I rushed out of my car excited to see him. "My baby!" I squealed. "Honeybunch" he exclaimed and I cringed at the nickname.

He put his arm around my shoulder and we walked into the college building together. "Anything interesting happen lately?" he asked me warily. "Not that I know of" I said. "Oh so Star was just lying about this whole Zefan thing, him coming over for dad's birthday and how you help-"

"Okay fine, yeah Zefan and I have been spending quite some time together,its all innocent" I said. "Innocent my ass, you like him!" he yelled. A few students were looking at us but I really couldn't care.

"So you do like him?" Marcel asked as we came to my first class of the day. Art. "Well you know I got class now so I'll see you later" I said while turning my back on him and waking inside the class. "I'll get you Midnight!" Marcel yelled as he carried on walking and I just chuckled.

I took my seat and got my utensils out for my art work. Today we had to be painting still life, one of my favorites, I had no idea why, it just was.

By the time my classes ended it was 12, which meant, Star and I was meeting mom for lunch. I only had two classes today and that was pretty cool. I didn't get to see much of Marcel but we made plans to see each other tomorrow.

I was driving to our family's favorite diner. When I parked in the parking lot, I saw moms car. I got out of the car and locked it and I walked inside.

Spotting mom in a far corner booth, the booth was more closed off and a bit spaced from other people and there tables,so I assumed we were here to talk.

I walked closer and when mom saw me she smiled and got up, when standing by her we hugged each other. I sat down across from my mom and Star took that moment to grace us with her parents.

"What's happening birth giver and sister?" she said as she hugged me and my mom and sat down next to me. My mom chuckled at her statement and I just kept a subtle smile on my face.

The waiter came around and took our orders. Mom ordered a chicken salad with some lemonade, Star ordered a chocolate milkshake with a burger and fries and I ordered a strawberry milkshake and a steak and fries.

When our food came, awkward silence filled the air and suddenly it became uncomfortable. Everyone dug into there food but no one said anything and so much was left unsaid.

I coughed a little and stared up at mom. "There's something you want to tell us, isn't there?" I asked her as I looked at her. She looked up and her eyes shifted between Star and I.

She sighed and put her fork down. It looked like she had an internal battle whether or not she should talk. It was kinda frustrating and I just wanted her to spit it out and she was taking her own time.

"Wh-" Star started.

"I'm engaged" she said.

So okay, we're finally having twists? I appreciate all of you guys?