Chapter 12

Midnight's POV :
Kaden, Star, Zefan and I were seated in the living room watching cartoons and eating our cheesecake.

Zefan quickly stood up and took our plates inside and placed them in the sink. I quietly followed him and saw him leaning with his head on the kitchen island. He looked stressed.

"Is everything okay?" I asked. "No" he replied. "Zaria is angry at me" he stated. I frowned. "Why?" I asked. "Well I promised her we'd go on a date tonight but I kinda told her you needed me" he calmly said.

He made me upset. "How could you do that to her, do you know how important dates are to a girl" I argued. "Give me your phone" I said putting hand out.

With a surprise he didn't even argue and gave his phone to me. I went into his contacts and dialed Zaria's number. She immediately answered. "Hey Zaria it's Midnight so Zefan didn't really tell me about your date otherwise I would've immediately chased him home but believe me he has something fantastic planned for you, come around to him in an hour?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"Sure" she replied back. She sounded upset and sad. I would be too if my boyfriend did that to me. "Great" I shrieked and clicked off the phone.

"Looks like we have an hour to pull together an amazing date" I said looking at him.

I rushed into the living room and saw Star and Kaden laughing at something on the TV. "Star could Kaden stay with you, we need to sort something out" I pleaded with my eyes. "No problem" she replied and I grabbed Zefan's hand and we were out of the door.

I tried to ignore the feeling of serenity when I grabbed his hand. The feeling of home and safety sat within the way he held my hand back.

When we made it to his house, the quietness of it surprised me. I looked at him and gave him a questioning look. "They're both working late tonight" he said. He answered my question without me having to even ask the question.

He made way for me so I stepped in and stood still. Zefan then came in and closed the door behind him. Suddenly the thought of being alone here with Zefan both terrified and excited me.

My fingers started playing with each other. Why was I nervous, there was nothing to be nervous about.

"So what are we putting together?" Zefan asked suddenly in front of me. When did he walk past me? "Oh...uh how about a little picnic under the stars?" I suggested. "That's a great idea" he smiled.

Zefan walked away to some hallway closet and I followed. He opened it up and there were a variety of blankets to pick from. I saw a little black and white checkered blanket and knew that was perfect.

"Grab about six pillows" I told him. Zefan looked at me and frowned. "Why do we need that much pillows?" he questioned. "Just get the pillows" I rolled my eyes. He sighed and grabbed the six pillows.

I walked to the back door, remembering it from the last time I was here. I opened the sliding door and stepped outside. The cool air touched my skin and it felt amazing.

I found the perfect spot to place the blanket and I did. I threw the blanket nicely down and placed a pillow on the right spot everytime grabbing one from Zefan's hands.

When I was satisfied with the way things looked. "Ummm do you guys have nights lamps or candles?" I asked turning to Zefan. When I looked at him he had this lookin his eyes.

One I didn't want to see but I saw anyway. A look of admiration, the way he looked at me wasn't helping with my conflicted feelings. " Zefan"i called out. He shook his head and looked at me smiling softly. " We have lamps "he replied. I nodded my head and he walked inside.

He came to a cupboard next to the hallway closet and opened it. He had a variety of lamps in there. Why do these people own so many closets?

I chose four blue lamps. " This would compliment the colors perfectly" I said to him and smiled. His eyes were intense, so intense that I thought he could see right through my soul. "Stop looking at me like that" I said but it came out as a whisper. "I can't help it" he said.

I walked away from him and went back outside. I placed the lamps by the four corners of the blanket. Zefan just stood watching. "Okay next is food, take me to the kitchen and I'll whip something up" I said to him.

He nodded his head and led me to the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen Zefan spoke up. "Everything is yours" he said and I smiled. "Do you have crackers?" I asked him. He nodded his head and took some out.

Zefan placed a lot of things in front of me which I could use and whipped something up for Zaria and him.

When I checked the time I knew Zaria would be here any minute. Just after my thought the doorbell rang. Zefan stepped into the kitchen looking dashing as ever in a black t-shirt and black faded jeans.

"Give me a blindfold" I said. He handed me a scarf and I smiled at him. "You go wait outside while I bring her to you" I told him.

I went towards the door and opened it. Zaria looked gorgeous in here red and black dress with combat boots. "You look absolutely amazing" I gushed at her. She blushed a little and thanked me. "Come inside" I said and she stepped in.

I closed the door behind her and she just stood there. "I have to blindfold you,I hope you're okay with that?" I asked. She nodded yes and stood with her back to me as I put the scarf around her eyes.

I was done putting the scarf on when I took her hand in mine and spoke. "I'm going to take you to him" I said to her. I guided her, making sure she didn't trip or fall on her way there. As we made it to the sliding door I stood still and so did she.

I left her there and went behind her. "You ready?" I asked. "Yes" she breathed out and I took the blindfold off. Zaria gasped at the whole set-up in front of her and I smiled.

She ran all the way to Zefan and embraced him in a huge hug. That was my cue to leave and I did. I turned around and walked out of the door.

Sometimes it's hard in life when you really want something but you know you can't really have it because it's not for you to decide but rather up to fate.

Okay so I think we all know Midnight has a crush on Zefan!
Is anybody crushing right now?
Give me details angels ❤️