Chapter 5

Midnight's POV:
When I saw our house come into view, I smiled. Finally I could relax and just chill at home in some sweats.
"Finally I can relax" I said. "Ummm no you can't, you're having dinner at the Wests" Star said bursting my bubble.

"Oh right" I said my bubble deflated now. When Star parked outside I got out and grabbed all my bags and went inside the house. Mom's car was in the driveway so she was home.

I walked inside the door and the sight I was greeted with shocked me. Mom was standing there with a man and they were kissing. "Midnight!" she shrieked shocked. My mouth was agape. I was shocked to the core, she can't, she's not supposed to - I -.

Mom walked in my direction and as soon as she reached for me I backed away from her reach. I stared at her, dead in the eye, my eyes starting to tear up. "Midnight honey listen to me" she said walking to me again.

I shook my head no and ran up the stairs, going into my room and locking the door. I dropped the bags on the floor and layed on my bed. The tears started flowing, they just came out, I couldn't stop them.

I cried and cried and cried. Mom came to knock at my door but I didn't answer her. Even Star knocked but I just ignored her. I walked over to my cupboard and unlocked it with the key that's in my shoe box underneath the cupboard, I pulled out a box my dad gave me before he died. It was a metal box with the galaxy on it, stars surrounding it and a little lock on it which only I had the key to. His very last words were. 'If you need me just open this and I'll be there, but only if you really need me'. When he gave the box to me I was shocked and confused but mostly happy because it meant that I'll be able to see him again.

Father also said that on the last month of me being here my eye color would eventually change and then I'll know.

I didn't know what it meant and I still don't. I don't know when to use it and I don't know what will happen if I do use it. But all father said was that my heart would know when it's the right time.

Only my dad and Star know what I truly am. Mom doesn't know and I'm scared she's going to get hurt, I don't want that.

I looked over at the clock, it read 5pm, I had to start getting ready. I really didn't feel well but I wouldn't want to disappoint the Wests and Kaden for that matter. I'm doing this for him.

I put the box back into my cupboard and made sure to lock the cupboard, securing it.

I got up out of my sitting position and decided on some clothes. Because it was dinner and I assumed it was going to be formal so I wanted to dress appropriately.

I got one of my bags from Zara and took out a black satin dress, it was floor length with a choker neckline, long sleeved and an open back.

I decided to wear my while glitter airforces, which was good enough for me. I added some small silver hoop earrings and for my hair I'm going to just make a messy ponytail.

I walked to my bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror, my eyes were were puffy and red, I was hoping that my time in the shower would take away the wayy face looked because I don't wear makeup.

I tied my hair into a bun and I jumped in the shower and washed my body clean with apple scented body wash. I didn't decide to wash my hair because it would be hard to maintain right now.

When I was done I got out of the shower and stood by my basin. I washed my face with my face wash and put on some cream. My eyes weren't that swollen anymore but there was evidence that I cried.

I put on deodorant and some lotion and sprayed by body with my favorite perfume, I loved smelling nice.

I went to my room, grabbed my dress and dressed myself in my bathroom. I put on some underwear but no bra as you would see the straps.

I slipped the dress on and it hugged me perfectly, in all the right places. I smiled at myself in the mirror, happy with the way I look. I put my hair into a messy ponytail and added lipgloss.

When I was satisfied with my masterpiece, I slipped on some secret socks and my glitter airforces.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I smiled as I looked at myself. "I'm beautiful" I said to myself. Self confidence is key.

I grabbed my phone grabbed my door handle and sighed. Getting ready to face mom. When I unlocked my door no one was in sight so I made my way downstairs and I heard mom in the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen, mom stopped what she was doing to look at me. Star did a once over at me and she smiled. "You look gorgeous" she said to me. "Thank you sis" I said walking over to her and hugging her.

"You look wonderful honey,where are you going?" mom smiled a sad smile. "To the Wests" I replied. She had shocked look on her face. "That is if it's okay mom" I said while looking at her. "Sure" mom smiled.

"So I'll see you guys later then" I said while walking out the door. "Enjoy baby sis!" Star yelled out to me as I closed the door.

As I was walking towards the West house my palms suddenly became sweaty. I hadn't at dinner with another family in years, family didn't come around much so basically there wasn't any bonding.

As I made it to there front porch my stomach erupted with butterflies. It felt like they were swerving in all different directions.

I made it to the front door and I knocked on the door. Voices were heard from behind the door and my nerves kicked in more than ever.

The door then opened revealing little Kaden. I smiled at him. "My guest of honor" he smiled at me. "Kaden" I greeted and immediately hugged him.

"Kaden?" Zefan questioned. I looked up at him and smiled a sweet smile. I looked at his outfit and he had on a turtle neck with some slacks. He looked good. "Hi"he said." Hi "I said back.

"Come in" he said as Kaden stepped away with a huge smile on his face. I walked inside and Zefan closed the door behind me. He gestured to follow him as I just stood there like some glued doll.

I followed him into what looked like the kitchen. "Mom" he said. I saw a beautiful lady turn around from the stove and she had a bright smile on her face. "Oh my gosh, look at you, you're so gorgeous" she said as she came closer to me.

She hugged me and I hugged her back. All my tense muscles relaxed under her motherly touch.

"Is this the beautiful Midnight Kaden can't stop talking about? "

What do you think about Midnights outfit? Shes extraordinary and one of a kind.