Of only i could

Glinda POV.
It's been a year and a half since elphaba and I first became friends, and exactly 3 months, 13 days, and 5 hours since she died and being the new ruler of OZ was as heartbreaking as watching elphie melt into a puddle of mint choc chip milkshake.

Every month I had to give a speech about her saying how horrible she was and how I hated her. There isn't much I can do though except pray that maybe somewhere and somehow, she's alive...
I walked slowly to my closet, my feet dragging along the smooth wood floor, grabbing the black pointy hat that was placed inside.
"I can't believe it's been a whole year since we first became friends elphie..."
Tears began to roll down my cheeks. I hugged the hat tightly dropping to my knees due to my legs giving up on me.
I began to cry waterfalls until I heard a knock on the door. Wiping away the water from my eyes and doing all I can to seem less venerable, I shuffled my feet slowly towards the, reaching for the doorknob and slowly turning it, peeking through the gap to see who was knocking at this time of night. When I opened the door fully I was greeted by one of the OZ guards. His stern face seemed to have softened when he saw my eyes were glassy and red. "I have news regarding the next speech to the people of OZ, (I'm sorry I forget what there called! XD) but judging by the state you're in, I will cancel the event." I looked at him a glint of happiness shining in my eyes. "Thank you, mind telling them that I will not be leaving my castle for the next few days." The guard instantly obliged, walking out of the door frame and around the corner. I waited until the muffled footsteps along the carpet were basically gone before closing the door and going to sleep, elphie's hat in my arms as I dozed.
"If only I could tell you I loved you."

Elphaba POV.
I can't believe glinda and I have been friends for a year now, and now that I'm 'dead' I can't see her ever again. The thought brought a tear to my eye burning scars into the sensitive skin on my cheeks. "Ow" I chuckled to myself before quickly wiping the tear off of my face making sure not to touch the freshly burnt skin on my face. You see: after I saw glinda for the last time, I hid her and fought off the guards until that little bitch of a girl and her awful mutt threw the bucket of water on me. I had to protect myself as best as I could. Luckily, I picked up a few things from mrs morrible's 'storm magic'. Thinking fast, I cast a water protection spell thus making less of the water hit my flesh and only leaving a few scars. As I turned into a 'puddle', I slowly made my way down a trapdoor making bloodcurdling screams escape from the pain of the water drops that still hit me.
After that, it was only a matter of time before I was let out of the hatch by fyiero the scarecrow.

Although I have to hide for the rest of my life, I can only imagine the heartbreak that glinda had gone through having to watch me die.
"I miss you glin..." I spoke to the stars hoping that somehow she could hear me. "I wish I had the opportunity to see you again and tell you I love you."
My eyes grew heavy as I walked towards the bed where fyiero had been laying. "How do I simply say I don't love you fyiero..." I mumbled to myself as I flopped down (I can't picture this but I thought it would be funny! Lol) and dozed off.

Fyiero POV.
I sat awake listening to elphaba making sure to stay as quiet as possible as not to alert her, "I wish I had the opportunity to see you again and tell you I love you..." my heart sank when
she continued to talk to herself before u heard shuffling and felt weight on the other side of the bed. "How do I simply say I don't love you fyiero..." I felt tears threatening to some out of my eyes (or buttons???) If she doesn't love me then I might as well leave...
I stayed still for about an hour before sliding out of the linen sheets amd walking out of the house. "Goodbye elphaba, I will miss you love..." I whispered to the woman laying peacefully under the sheets and closed the door.