My heart will always be yours

Glinda POV.
Why would she do that. my best friend is going to die if I don't find any evidence proving that  innocence and I'm sure we all know that's impossible! Why would she say that she was guilty, I can't let her die but I can't just simply break her out of we would both be criminals. She can't die I... I love her.

Elphaba POV. (Coz who the fuck not :))
I heard the soft clicking of heels on the stone staircase as someone drew near the metal bars. "Glinda-"
"What were you thinking! I can't provide your innocence in less than 24 hours!"
"Listen I can-"
"I want you to stay, I really do! But you're gonna die now and there's nothing I can do to-"
"Glinda!" She took a step back in shock from my short burst of anger.
"There's nothing you could do. I'm destined for death from my bad deeds. If you lost the trial you would also die-"
"I don't care!!! I can't loose you again elphie...." I stood up and beckoned her to come closer to the bars where she instantly obliged and slowly walked closer to me.
"I'm limited, Just look at me I'm limited. And just look at you
You can do all I couldn't do
Glinda... So now it's up to you
For both of us, Now it's up to you" tears started to stream down Glinda's eyes as I carefully cupped her cheek.
"I've heard it said That people come into our lives For a reason Bringing something we must learn.
And we are led to those
Who help us most to grow if we let them, And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true. But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you"
She leaned her face onto my hand holding it in her own not daring to make eye contact, She started to sing with me.
"Like a comet pulled from orbit As it passes the sun. Like a stream that meets a boulder Halfway through the wood, Who can say if I've been changed for the better But because I knew you,
I have been changed for good."
We continued to sing softly the sound of our voices echoing on the dim lit room.
"It well may be That we will never meet again In this lifetime So, let me say before we part So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you.
You'll be with me Like a handprint on my heart, And now whatever way our stories end, I know you have rewritten mine By being my friend."
I stared into her beautiful blue eyes seeing them turn glassy from the tears now falling down freely, she was worth the burning sensation.

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea, Like a seed dropped by a sky bird In a distant wood. Who can say if I've been changed for the better But because I knew you,
I have been changed for good.
And just to clear the air I ask forgiveness For the things I've done, you blame me for, But then I guess
We know there's blame to share
And none of it seems to matter anymore. Like a comet pulled from orbit like a ship blown from its mooring, As it passes the sun by a wind off the sea. Like a stream that meets a boulder, like a seed dropped by a bird
Halfway through the wood.
Who can say if I've been changed for the better, I do believe I have been changed for the better"
Now dangerously close, I was able to feel her warm breath lightly tickle my face. "And because I knew you," I quietly sung,
"Because I knew you"
"Because I knew you... I have been changed For good."
When out duet finished, I pulled her close enough to the bars and tightly wrapped my arms around her neck into a warm hug to which she gladly accepted.
Unfortunately, she pulled away sooner than I would have hoped.

Glinda POV.
I can't let her go, Not now not ever! If I really love her, I need to make a move before it's too late.

3rd person POV.
Glinda closed the gap between the two her lips meeting the taller females which caught her by surprise,
But before the regret could wash over Glinda, Elphaba wrapped her hands around the blondes neck pulling her closer.
They broke apart both gasping for air there hot breath engulfing each other.

Glinda POV.
I looked up into Elphie's beautiful emerald eyes which you could see gained more highlights, a small smile growing on my face. "Elphie... I know this is probably not the time with you about to die and all... but I've gotta know this before you go (the rhyme wasn't intended) do you... do you love me..? Because I love you and I jus-"    "I love you too... My heart will always belong to you glinda upland."
I pulled her in for one last hug as she planted a short but sweet kiss on my head. "I'm so sorry. I must fetch something that may prove your innocence" I whisper shouted running up the steps leaving Elphaba alone in the dark room.