Preface

Spending summers at the burrow with the Weasleys was anything but dull.

I met my first Weasley while on the train to Hogwarts during our first year. He sat in my compartment, complaining of all the other seats being taken. He introduced himself as Ron, the youngest Weasley boy. He had a cheeky, boyish grin on his face the entire train ride, excited to finally be attending Hogwarts like all of his family before him. He was my first friend.

I met the twins soon after. They were only a year above me and Ron and they were the silliest, most mischievous boys I'd ever met. The way they used magic to bring laughter and joy to anyone they met entranced me, seeing as we didn't get much of that in the muggle world.

Both of my parents, Leta and Leo Flynn, are wizards, but they chose to live a simple, normal life after their graduation from Hogwarts, having normal muggle jobs and using as little magic as possible. It always astounded me why they chose this path for themselves and I knew I never wanted my life to be like that. So, I begged my parents to spend the summer at the Weasley's because I was constantly being invited by Ron and the twins.

The first summer spent at the burrow, I was greeted with warm, welcoming hugs by Mrs. Weasley, saying that she had heard all about me in Ron's letters and that she was so delighted to meet 'Ron's best friend.' It was that summer I also met the older Weasley siblings, Charlie, Bill, and Percy. Percy attended Hogwarts as a Gryffindor prefect, but we had yet to meet since I was in Ravenclaw. The three eldest siblings spent very little time at the burrow, seeing as Charlie and Bill were out of school and had separate lives outside their family and Percy spent a lot of time at work. I also met the youngest Weasley, Ginny, who was a sweet, shy girl and a year younger than me and Ron. That summer was the most fun I've ever had.