Chapter Six ✔️

Rewritten and posted on October 17th 2020

C h a p t e r S i x
F o r g i v e A n d F o r g e t
N o t h i n g

It was fortunate given the trouble she and her friends got into, that Evelyn had only found herself in the Hospital Wing on a few rare occasions. The most serious of which had been after she was rescued from the Chamber of Secrets by Harry and Ron the previous year. Even then, she hadn't exactly been injured, it was more of a precautionary visit. She's stayed in the creaky bed for two nights for rest at the orders of Madam Pomfrey, even when she couldn't think of nothing better then being back home to recover from the ordeal. Though Evelyn was happy to have been there rather than her little sister,

The brunette had been told she was not allowed into the infirmary because Draco would not be staying there long. Madam Pomfrey had informed her that her friend would be back in the Great Hall for dinner time. Evelyn could be a very patient person, but it she waited until then, she would not have the opportunity to speak to him in private. She was owed an apology, and she planned to get it.

As soon as Madam Pomfrey left the infirmary for whatever purpose that required her, Evelyn had entered the large room. She was grateful to see that her Slytherin friend was the only occupier of the infirmary. He looked quite pathetic on his place in the bed in the far corner, scowling to himself quietly.

"Well, you look comfortable."

Draco's head snapped to the side to meet her gaze, the surprise in his eyes evident as he had heard her being denied access thirty minutes prior. Evelyn met his baffled expression with a sarcastic smile as she pulled a chair up to sit at his bed side,

"So," she began, perching herself on the edge of the wooden seat. "Wh-"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry about what I said on the train," Draco spoke sincerely. "And for picking on Potter about the Dementors."

Evelyn blinded in true surprise, it was very unlike her friend to apologise without being asked - or rather ordered - to do so. She really didn't know how to respond as she recovered from her own moment of bafflement.

"Wow," she muttered. "I didn't even need to torture it out of you for once."

The blonde smiled weakly at her comment as he sat up in the hospital bed. The seriousness and sincerity resurfaced as spoke again, "I was an arse."

"Yeah, you were," Evelyn agreed.

"Forgive me, Evie?"

"Since you apologised on your own then yes I will," she smiled kindly before asking the question that had been playing on her mind since the day they arrived. "What's been happening at home, Draco?"

The blonde teenagers turned to look at his bandaged in with great interest. She waited, allowing him the chance to answer when he was comfortable to. Draco's family was a difficult subject for him to discuss as she had learned early on, it was the basis that started their bizarre friendship strangely enough. After putting up with Draco's comments for long enough, Evelyn had one day finally confronted him about the views of his Pureblood family. She hadn't expected for one moment that he would actually open up to her, it started with the little signs. Draco would quote something his father said when his friends were around to pester them, but he would never say any insults if Evelyn happened to meet him alone in the library. Then he would ask her about the time she spent with her family during the holidays, it finally clicked in her that Draco wished to have a family like that. Not the Wealseys specifically, but a family with a bond like that.