Chapter nineteen: sacrifice

Jade's POV:

I was trapped. Demi definetely was annoying but she wasn't stupid. There was no way out for me from this building. There was nothing I could do to save the people in my mother's company and it was unbareable. "Stop running all over the hall and sit the fuck down. You can't change anything about this situation. Even if you make it out of the building, there is no way you can warn these people in time.", Demi said very annoyed and I sighed very frustrated.

"Why is Perrie so cruel...", I just asked and Demi rolled her eyes. "She is a criminal her whole life long. Violence is all she knows and the only way, where she can achieve everything she wants with.", Demi explained and I looked down. Perrie must've had a horrible life but this didn't excuse what she wanted to do. "Please Demi... My father is in this building... He has nothing to do with the crimes of my mother and so do many other people inside this building. Please let me talk to Perrie.", I begged her and she shook her head.

"You will see Perrie tonight but if she comes here before or after is up to her.", she said and I felt like I was talking to a wall. There was no way I could convince Demi to save them. She simply didn't care. All I could do was hoping that Perrie would get here before midnight, so I could try to convince her. The waiting time was pure torture. But then I suddenly heard someone unlock the door.

My heart made a huge jump when I saw Perrie's cold eyes. Her expression remained cold when she saw me. She was still angry that I escaped. I had to overcome my fear and confront her. It wasn't midnight yet, I still had a chance. "Perrie please...", I wanted to say but she interrupted me. "Where is Misses Thirlwall?", she asked Demi, completely ignoring me. "In the van along with the other girl.", Demi replied and Perrie turned towards her gang members.

"Go and get them in here. Lay Leigh Anne on the couch and tie Misses Thirlwall to a chair", she told them and they nodded before they left. Now she looked at me again and started to slowly walk towards me. I noticed that my knees got weaker but I tried my best to stand straight. "Did you really think you could just get rid of me forever? You are mine Jade Thirlwall. And now you will pay the price.", she said in a very low voice that made me shiver.

"Yes. I will pay the price but not innocent people you want to blow up in my mother's company.", I said and her eyes widened. "She wasn't supposed to know.", Perrie said and glared at Demi, who just shook her shoulders. Perrie shook her head and looked at me again. "You betrayed me. Now you have to face the consequences. Your mother wanted to destroy me, now she has to face the consequences.", she said and I gulped.

"You want to destroy my mother's business... Alright but please let the people inside there evacuate. They have nothing to do with us.", I begged her but she was still cold. "These people support your mother. That's enough reason for them to pay.", she said. "But they don't know what they support. Not even my father knows about the things my mother does.", I said and she sighed. "My decision is made.", she just said and my eyes widened in pure horror but we got interrupted by her gang members bringing the uncouncious bodies from my mother and Leigh Anne.

Jesy was carrying Leigh Anne and she laid her down on the couch while the others were tying my mother to a chair. "Please don't hurt them...", I said. "Don't worry about Leigh Anne. She will come with us but your mother... Well I will have a little chat with her before I will make sure she will get a sentence in prison.", she said and I instanly started crying. "No...", I whimmered out and Perrie sighed. "She deserves it Jade. She did commit these crimes. I will only expose her. Your mother isn't innocent and you know that.", she said and I chuckled sarcastically.

"You're not innocent either.", I said. "You're right but I know how to avoid prison. I lived on the streets my whole life long.", Perrie said and looked at her watch. "It's almost midnight.", she said and took a remote out of her bag. I knew exacly what it meant. "Do it boss.", a male voice said with a psychotic grin. I couldn't let that happen. "No Perrie please stop!! Don't let them die!!", I yelled at her with tears in my eyes.