🩸 1 🩸

"Mika." I clutched onto his arm, we were running through Taka-Amahara shopping centre, the world was a mess, the six of us were running back to the orphanage, Mika, Yu had our siblings on our backs, there were adults left dead on the floor, we kept running and a dog barked at us, poor thing, it's owner clutched onto his leash so he couldn't leave, he was a large german shepherd, "Come here buddy," I unclipped his collar, he licked my face and ran with us, "You want to join us?" I pet his head, he barked, the little kids cowered, I stopped for a second as I saw a man who owned a convenience store walk out to me, he couldn't say a word before he threw up blood and fell to the floor dead, "Stay close Yuki." I heard Mika and he grabbed my arm, I pushed Taichi further up my back, "This is a warning. Due to foolish humans, a deadly virus has spread. Unfortunately the human race will perish." We heard over the loud speakers, we all ran into our Hyukuya orphanage. "Yuki, the director..." Akane looks at me as Mika and I ran upstairs, we saw the director on the floor unconscious, "Yu! Look after everyone!" Mika shouts, "Director! Director!" Akane shakes him, "However we know the virus doesn't infect children under the age of thirteen and younger. Therefore, we, the direct unit of the Third Progenitor, Krul Tepel, will start the protection of these children of this district," We heard, I held my breath as I heard footsteps come up the stairs, I saw a flash of a shadow and there was a cloaked person, they put their hand on the glass and it shattered, "I'm scared." I saw Chihiro holding back tears, "Me too..." I heard my voice crack, the door opened and another man came in, Akane held onto Yu and I felt Mika hug me tight, both of them had blank looks on their faces while they stepped closer to us, "Mika..." I buried myself further into him, "Yuki." I felt him hold onto me tighter. The dog from before ran up and barked at the two of them, with a swipe of their arm, he sliced the dog in half, its blood pooling on the floor, I felt my eyes widen and I thought I was going to vomit, I squirmed in Mika's grasp but he held me closer, "Calm down," He says but I felt him shaking behind me. They forced us onto trucks, we were piled in with other children, Akane rested her head on Yu's shoulder, Mika hadn't let go of my hand the entire time, he held on it like it was his life force.

We were walking out in rows like usual, everyone wore their white clothes, everyone looked the same, everyone was the same, we were just livestock to those vampires, we had out dog tags around our necks and we lined up, "Next." A vampire was checking attendance for blood extraction, "Yuichiro Hyukuya." Yu walks up.

Name:
Yuichiro Hyukuya
Identification number:
h-16 0004 51366987
Age:
12
Date of birth:
16/10
Body height:
145.0m
Bodyweight:
38.2kg
Blood type:
A

"Ok. Next." Yu walks off and I walk up, "Yuki Hyukuya." I say.

Name: 
Yuki Hyukuya
Identification number:
h-16 0009 34719372
Age:
12
Date of birth:
10/09
Body Height:
140.0m
Bodyweight:
34.8kg
Blood Type:
O+

"Next." He barks, not even looking at me, I stand with Yu to wait for Mika, "Mikaela Hyukuya." He says.

Name: Mikaela Hyukuya
Identification number:
h-16 0006 26491540
Age:
12
Date of birth:
1/05
Body height:
147.5m
Bodyweight:
40.1kg
Blood type:
O

After Mika was done, the three of us walked up the stairs, we sat in the uncomfortable seats, I looked at Mika, he took a deep breath and nodded, I saw him get the needle stuck in his neck and his blood rushing up the tubes, I saw Yu's blood going up too, I flinched at the sting in my neck, it was so normal to have our blood taken out at this point, no one even tried to fight or refuse. We were given a pouch filled with energy replenishment, Yu and Mika draped their arm over my shoulder, I had my arms on both their shoulders, we were holding each other up, the vampires would suck out so much blood, everyone would be drowsy and lethargic after the extractions. We sat outside on the stairs, Mika downed his pouch but he stuck his tongue out after and the disgusting taste, I giggled at the look on his face, "Argh!" Yu squeezes the pink mess out of the bag everywhere, "You're not going to drink it again? You'll get sick." I look at him, "I can't drink his disgusting crap. And look who's talking." He whips around at me and looked at the full pouch in my hands, "Aren't you two just picky eaters." He hooks his arm around my neck, "Well you've got to stop doing everything they tell you to do." I jab my finger into his cheek, "Well I don't think it's too bad if we're here together." Mika smiles at Yu and me, I blushed a little, we saw two children drawing with charcoal on the ground, there were two vampires walking out and they disregarded the children and stomped over their fingers, my eyes widened, I shot up and ran into the vampires and tried to stop them by grabbing their legs, "KIKI NO!" Mika calls out after me, they pick me up by my hood and look at me, "Apologise to them! You just hurt them!" I thrash my legs around, "Excuse me, Sir, please ignore her, she's just an idiot. I'll take care of her, I promise it won't happen again," Mika runs over, Yuu starts to punch their legs and the other vampire grabs him, "Please excuse him too! He's just an idiot moron." Mika was desperate, they walk over to the edge and hold me out over it, my eyes widened, "PLEASE NO!" Mika screams, the vampire was just about to sharpen his hand and pierce me, "What's going on here?" We heard a voice, the vampires throw me and Yuu to the ground, Mika catches me, "Are you alright?" He asks softly, I hold my neck and cough, the two continue walking away like nothing happened, "No hood, is he a royal?" Yuu whispers, I was between Mika's legs, he had his arms around me and I grabbed onto his forearm, "Lord Ferid," Mika says, "It's alright." Mika whispers into my ear and runs over to him, "Ah, young Mika, what's all the fuss about?" He asks, "Oh nothing, just two of my family members starting trouble again." Mika says, "That must be so stressful, poor Mika. I know, why don't you come by my mansion again tonight?" He strokes his hair, "I'd like that." Mika nods, "As would I dear boy, you have such sweet blood. You're always welcome, and will the troublemakers be joining us?" Lord Ferid looks at us, "Huh?! Like hel-" Mika runs over and hugs my head, covering my mouth, "Oh I don't think that'd be a good idea, she's shy." He makes up an excuse, "What a shame, maybe next time." Ferid sighs.