D E A T H M A R K

Lex's Pov

I go into my dorm to get Bonnie and my trunk when Ron runs over. "Lex you need to come", he pants. He runs and i chase after him. He leads me outside.

The deathmark is in the sky. No. That means Draco got out of his bed as soon as I walked out. That's why he was so understanding.

He doesn't want me near this.

Draco's Pov

I race to the cabinet. First, my aunt walks out. Then follows a bunch of other deatheaters.

I back up and get to the tower. I lock the door behind me and hear dumbledore talking. It's time.

He's by himself.

Lex's Pov

I race up to the tower where I saw Draco disappear into. I magically unlock it and silently slip in.

I make my way to the top when someone grabs my arm and slaps a hand over my mouth. I bite the hand and someone gasps slightly.

I turn around and look into his eyes. Harry. He puts a finger to his lips and then points up.

There, Draco is facing dumbledore with his wand out. Harry's arm is still on me so I slap him away and race up. I inch my way towards Draco.

He looks over frantically. I can see the panic in his eyes as he registers that it's me. "Go Lex", he whispers. I shake my head.

"Go", he repeats. I shake my head harder. The door opens and he pushes me down onto the lower level.

Harry catches me. I can't do anything but watch as snape emerges. And then more death eaters. Harry and I look at each other, wide eyed. My vision blurs with tears as snape helps Draco. Thank god he didn't make Draco kill dumbledore, but now our headmaster is dead.

Harry's is shaking. I look up to see him crying and trying to keep his sobs quiet. I wrap my arms around him and he collapses onto the floor. He holds onto me tightly, like if he lets go the world will end right before our eyes.

I lean him onto me. "It's okay, it's okay", I repeat over and over. Draco's looking down at us, and he realizes what's happening. His eyes get misty. Is he jealous? I can't with him right now.

I didn't break my promise.