Chapter 6

X POV

With my eyes fixed on the clear night sky, I took a deep breath and stared at the small air clouds that my breath created on this cold winter night.

It was a wonderful night, and the stars shone high in the sky.

I closed my eyes to make a wish, not because I thought it would become real, but because of a promise, I had made a long time ago.

My mom was always used to telling me fairytales, and there was one time she said to me that whenever you see a shooting star, you need to make a wish because it will become true, and after she passed away I carried all those stories inside my mind and gave them to someone very dear to me.

But saying the truth, as a child, we believed everything older people told us because we didn't know better, did we?

I always used to look up at those who were older than me because they carried something different in their mature aura, and when I grew up I discovered it wasn't anything special, it was the sadness inside their eyes which shimmered on dark nights that I mistook as something magical.

I've always looked up to older people because I trusted them, but in this life, I also learned that not everyone who looks trustable is trustable.

Besides that, I also learned that in this world, there is no such thing as "forever" in life.

I let out a deep breath and a light headache intruded inside my head.

My mom had once told me that a shooting star was a symbol of happiness and luck in this world, she told me that every star indicates a person who passed, so where you this shooting star that I saw? And if so, are you looking down at us? Are you watching over us as I stayed here to watch over him?

But the next moment I opened my eyes I was lying on a beach, the sand stung like needles, in my back, so I slowly got up.

My legs felt numb, and my intuition told me that whatever was to come could not be a good thing.

I looked up at the sky, and the first thing that caught my attention was the shining moon, it seemed to emit a mystical white glow that created an unknown path.

Without many realizations, my legs started moving and I followed the path that the moon created and it led me to her.

There my mom stood, a few meters away from me with her back facing me, just like nothing happened.

Her straight dark blond hair that I didn't inherit layered down her back, just a little longer than I remembered it was.

She wore a plain white dress that just went over her ankles, through a light gust of wind that made her dress ripple, the moon that lit her and the way she stood there you would almost think she was an angel.

The angel of death.

I kept staring at her, and thousands of words and phrases I wanted to say went through my head, but due to fear, nothing seemed right to tell her.

Thousands of thoughts went through my head while my heart only wanted one thing.

I wanted her to stay, stay with me and protect me just like she had promised, just like I had promised the same to him.

Slowly she turned a quarter just as if she felt my presence.

From this side, I could only see her profile, but it was more than clear she hadn't changed at all.