Chapter 10

Xiao Zhan's POV

"Good morning, Zhan."

"G-Good morning Yibo, am I interrupting something?" He shook his head before answering.

"No, not at all, I was just going through the script." Almost forgot that I was living with a famous actor, he gestured for me to with him.

"'Hidden feelings' is that the name of the new movie?"He smiled at me while I sat down opposite of him, our eyes not leaving each other for a single second.

"Ahh, yes. Just another cliché love story, though nothing special." A deep sigh followed his words.

"Well, I'm sure it's still an exciting experience," I tried to be encouraging, but he only returned me a wry smile.

"Not really that exciting if it's the same thing over and over again." I fell into silence, unsure of how to answer him, I'm a little confused that he doesn't seem very passionate about his work.

"Anyways, what are your plans for today? I'm pretty sure you don't just want to stay home all day." I consciously nodded while he talked.

"Uh . . . I was wondering if you could help me with something," his expression instantly became suspicious which made me smile.

"Calm down, I just want to know if you can help me with a job, just something short-term and straightforward, so I can earn money quickly."

"This is sudden, why short-term, though?"

"I'm only staying for 100 days after all, so I better start saving up," Yibo elegantly sat back, his long legs crossed over the other, pondering about my request.

"Last time I heard, the movie set is short-staffed, you don't mind any kinds of jobs, right?" I immediately shook my head.

"Not at all! I'll take on anything without complaint!" Yibo smiled at my enthusiasm making his face bloom up like a beautiful flower.

"Alright, we'll be leaving in an hour."

"You got it, boss!" I scurried back to my room to get ready, and I felt so excited about getting a new job in a new environment, after all, who wouldn't want to work on a movie set?

***

"Since he's your distant relative, I'm sure it won't be much of a problem," the manager nodded at me while talking, he looked like someone around his mid-forties and a person you wouldn't want problems with, so I flashed him a smile that he didn't return.

"Thank you very much, you can place him wherever he's the most needed," Yibo glanced at me before turning back to his manager.

"Are you alright carrying things around and running errands?" I nodded eagerly.

"Absolutely! I will do my very best!"

"Great, you can start now, I'll give you your first task."

***

The next hour was jam-packed and taxing, I had to carry and set up a lot around the set. And now it's finally time for filming.

Everyone was required to be quiet on the set, I felt giddy with excitement at able to watch the filming.

The moment Yibo stepped into the scene, the atmosphere in the room totally changed, he was like a whole different person now.

"You will never know how I feel! You already have another, I'm sure . . ." The actress started, waking me up of my train of thoughts, she was a young graceful lady, who was widely known as the famous actress Zhao Liying.