Chapter 9

X POV

Sometimes I wonder if you even remember me, but I don't think you would, even if I unlocked the past I buried in your unconscious mind, it's maybe just better that we leave the past like it is . . .

You are happy now, after all, aren't you . . . ?

***

Xiao Zhan's POV

"Ugly piggy, ugly piggy!" Here we went again.

"Oh, I forgot you don't have any parents! Hahahaha!" Ahh! Just be quiet already!

"You're really sad and pathetic!" Shut up! Leave me alone!

" . . . Zhan? Hey, Zhan!" Huh . . . Who's there?

"Open your eyes, Zhan. I'm right here . . ." I saw a faint light somewhere and walked towards it.

Once again, the bright sun from behind the curtains blinded me, I blinked a few times and tried to clear my vision.

"Oh! Are you finally up?"

"GAHHH!" The first thing I was greeted with was Lily floating on top of me, I grabbed a pillow and swung it at her head instinctively.

"Owww! What was that for?" I bolded up as Lily rubbed her cheeks with a small pout visible on her blood-red lips.

"Can't you greet me like a normal person?" I stared at her and once again she was dressed in plain black clothes, and I sighed.

"Well, I'm not a normal person anymore, I'm a . . ."

"Yes, yes, a grim reaper!" Lily smiled sheepishly as I finished her sentence, she moved to sit next to me before continuing, "before you get mad, I did knock this time, but you were asleep . . ." She scratched her head with a slight smile.

"If you knew I was still asleep, why did you come in though?" I crossed my arms, giving her a piercing gaze while she shifted her gaze awkwardly.

"Well, you were tossing and turning in your sleep . . ."

"What . . . ?"

"You were even mumbling about something, how bad was the dream . . . ?" Lily tried to cheer me up with a half-smile.

"It's not a big deal, not like something I can't handle."

"Are you sure, Zhan? It looked like a big deal with you tossing around like that," I tried my hardest best to give her a reassuring smile.

"It's probably just some bits of memory from my time at the restaurant," I tried once again to shrug the dream off as if it was just a heavy cloak on my shoulder.

"Just imagine me beating him up for your next time, okay?" She gave me a wide grin that made her look years younger while her eyes lit up, for a second, I even forgot the fact that she was a grim reaper, and the way she looked was somewhat familiar as if it woke something old up inside me, I shook the thought away.

"Haha. I'll think of that for sure next time," both of us smiled at each other after my words died away in the silence, and the mood in the room seemed to lighten.

"What are you up to now, Lily?" She turned around still with that huge grin plastered on her face.

"You seemed a little bit unsure about what to do until your hundredth day, so . . ." She held up a paper and pen, "let's make you a bucket list!" My eyes widened at her idea, and not in a good way.