Chapter 30

Xiao Zhan's POV

I smiled gently and shook my head, "not at all, I feel the same way."

"I'm really glad . . ." We fell into a comfortable silence, I became lost in his gentle stare, but the tired lines under his eyes make me sad again, "I'm sorry in advance if this might hurt your feelings, but I'm glad that we met, even though it wasn't in a very nice way, I was driving home from my mother's home that night. She was going on and on about the scandal and the failing movie, and I just wanted to run away." He sighed.

"Don't get me wrong, I still feel awful for not being a careful driver, but . . ." He caressed my hand, "I'm really glad that you stepped into my life, Zhan."

"Or rather, you ran me over into your life." We both shared a little laugh and I felt his body move closer to mine, our lips were so close that I could feel his warm breath tickle my nose.

"So don't look so worried, I much prefer your beautiful smile." I held his gaze, even if he could hear the loud beating of my heart, "is the medicine making you say such sweet things?" Yibo chuckled low as his eyes startedto get even heavier.

"No, I've always wanted to say this, ever since . . ." And even before he could finish his words, Yibo fell into a deep sleep, I caressed his hair, kissing his forehead tenderly, "I hope you get well soon, Yibo."

***

"Ahh . . . Such nice, fresh air . . ." Yibo was still peacefully sleeping when I woke up, so I let him est a little longer.

Now I'm on a bench in the garden enjoying the cold early morning air, "ahh . . . Yes, early morning is lovely, aren't they?"

"GAHHHH! L-Lily?" Lily smiled innocently, suddenly appearing next to me on the bench, "good morning, Zhan, how are you feeling?"

"Alive, but still surprised about last night." I placed a hand on my heart, feeling the soft beating, making me calm.

"I see, I'm glad you both made it out in one piece."Lily smiled softly as usual, assuringly. 

"Yeah, but it's thank to you once again, I know I can always count on you, my guardian angel." I smiled sincerely at Lily, but she instantly looked away, I could hear her mumbling.

"Hm? Did you say anything?" Lily blinked, "I said, I'm glad to see that you're okay." 

"I'm gad Yibo isn't severely injured, either." Lily had an unreadable look on her face, but she still kept up a shining smile, "are to entertain a curious Grim reaper?"

"Sure, what is it?" Lily took a deep breath, "do you envy Yibo for surviving the accident last night while you didn't?" 

I took a moment, letting myself think for a moment, "hmm . . . Not at all, actually."

"And why is that?" I looked down at my hands, "Yibo has so much more to look forward to with his amazing talent as an actor." I smile sincerely, answering without hesitation.

Lily had that unreadable look in her eyes again, I just know she wanted to say something, but . . . "I see, thank you for answering a Grim Reaper's survey honestly.

"A what? W-Wait . . . Where are you going?" Lily averted my gaze this time, "it's a hospital, Zhan, I have some Grim Reaper business here." Lily winked teasingly, starting to disappear, her eyes carrying a sad glance.

"But don't worry, it's not Yibo, I'll see you again." The warm smile that didn't reach her eyes was the last thing I saw, like always, but an unsettling feeling made my hair stand on end.