Chapter 3

As soon as their mom left the room, Rudolph jumped down and Tony and Ruby got out of the bed. "Its too late for you to go home now, Rudolph so I guess you'll just have to stay in Tony's room." said Ruby as Tony opened the chest at the end of his bed. "Hey, Ruby, help me clean out all this junk so we can make a makeshift coffin." said Tony. "It's a treasure chest!" cried Rudolph grabbing Tony's gaming system as Ruby grabbed Tony's books. The two boys back to talk back and forth making Ruby smile as she placed a pillow inside the chest. "Night, Rudolph, night, Tony, I'm going to my room!" called Ruby slowly creeping out of her brother's room and tip toeing to her own room. 

The next day, Ruby and Tony were at school and Tony seemed more confidante than she'd ever seen him. He even walked over to the two McAshton boys and said something that made them look at each other before running after Tony. Ruby's eyes widened as they began to beat up her older brother. "Leave my brother alone!" shouted Ruby running over and yanking the two boys off Tony which surprised her because she was smaller than they were. She should've been weaker than them too but she wasn't . Even they seemed shocked. "Get. Away. From. My. Big. Brother!" growled Ruby gritting her teeth. The boys seemed terrified as they grabbed their bags and ran towards the school. Unaware to Ruby, the reason they were actually running was because two of Ruby's teeth had grown sharper and longer in length for a brief minute. "You, OK?" asked Ruby kneeling beside Tony. "I think so. Thanks, Ruby." said Tony sitting up. "What are sisters for?" asked Ruby with a smile and grabbed her brother's hand as the two walked to class. 

"So, how was school?" asked Bob as he picked his children up at the end of the day. "It was great!" said Ruby. "Hey, Dad, how come your picking us up and not Mom?" asked Tony. "Well, I've been thinking and I asked my boss for a shorter work day. Figured we could go golfing for a little while." said Bob. "What's golfing?" asked Ruby tilting her head. "You'll see, Princess, I'll teach your brother a thing or two about the sport." said Bob with a smile. "Sport?" asked Ruby. "I'll tell you later." said Tony looking at his confused little sister. Sure enough, Bob took them golfing. Ruby was confused at first but got the hang of it around the tenth hole. "When does the Sun go down?" asked Tony. "Why in such a hurry to get home all of a sudden?" asked Bob. "Because...Tony and I made a new friend and he promised to give us a call after dark!" lied Ruby smiling. "Really? And what's this friend of yours's name?" asked Bob. "Rudolph." said Tony. "Well now, I think its great you both have made a friend. And I'm especially proud of you, Tony. Ever since Ruby came into our lives, your nightmares about vampires have stopped and everything. It's almost like Ruby was meant to join our family." said Bob kneeling in front of his kids. "Hey, Daddy, can we hurry up and get back to playing? I'm really having fun and don't want to stop!" said Ruby. "I'm still gonna win, Ruby!" said Tony with a grin. "Your on!" laughed Ruby. "Alright, let's get back to the game then!" said Bob helping Tony set up for his next shot. 

That night, Tony and Ruby ran up to Tony's room. Ruby shut the door behind him while Tony opened the chest and the excitement in his face was quickly replaced by disappointment. Ruby looked in the chest and found it to be empty. "Sorry, Tony." said Ruby placing a hand on her brother's shoulder. "Whatever." sighed Tony slumping against the chest with Ruby sitting next to him. "I can sleep in here if you want." said Ruby. "You don't have to." said Tony. "True, but I want too." said Ruby hugging her brother. As promised, Ruby ended up spending the night with her brother. Tony was sleeping in his bed while Ruby slept on her mattress which she had asked her dad to move into his room for the night. Both siblings were sleeping soundly until Ruby felt a draft and she looked up to see Rudolph in the window. "Rudolph!" whispered Tony. "Did you come to take us flying again?" asked Ruby. "Not tonight. I need to talk to you both, its really important!" said Rudolph. "About what?" asked Ruby sitting up while Tony did the same. "Have any of you two seen this? Its very important!" said Rudolph grabbing one of Tony's drawings and holding it up. "That kinda looks like my necklace. Its in my room right now though." said Ruby tilting her head. "Can I see it?" asked Rudolph. "I guess." said Ruby getting up and running to her room. "Why are you so obsessed with my sister's necklace?" asked Tony. "If her necklace is what I think it is, it could me VERY important to me and my family." explained Rudolph just as Ruby reentered the room. "Here it is." said Ruby holding out the old necklace in her palm. "The Stone of Atom! I can't believe it!" cried Rudolph reaching for it. "Hey! You said look, nothing about touching!" yelled Ruby hiding the necklace behind her back. "Dude, seriously, what is going on here. And you better explain because Ruby's not about to let you hold her necklace otherwise." said Tony. And so Rudolph told them that Ruby's necklace had been created by a powerful wizard centuries ago. When held up at the right moment with a special comet that only comes around every 300 years, it can turn vampires back into humans. Rudolph's uncle had been the last holder of the stone but both him and the stone had gone missing. "If that's true, then how come Ruby has it?" asked Tony. "I've always had it, Tony, for as long as I could remember." said Ruby putting the necklace on. "Guess we're just going to have to go with you and help because believe me, Ruby doesn't let ANYONE touch her necklace." said Tony. "I'll go put my dress on!" called Ruby running out of the room.