3 | Unexpected

**Peter's POV**

This was the last thing I was expecting when I came out to my cabin tonight. I've owned this cabin for five years and I can count on one hand how many people have knocked on my door. None of them were a beautiful woman seeking refuge.

Not beautiful, stunning, gorgeous. Damn, this cannot be happening right now. I'm out here to avoid distractions and now I have a major distraction sitting in my living room.

I manage to clear my head a little while making her another cup of tea. The last thing she needs is some strange guy hitting on her while she's stuck in the middle of nowhere.

I return to the living room to hand her the tea. "Are you sure you don't want anything to eat? I've got plenty of food."

"Oh no, I'm sure. Thank you though."

"I'm sorry, I don't have a TV or anything. Like I said, I just come out here to write. I may have a deck of cards around here somewhere."

"Do you happen to have internet? I could email someone and maybe get out of your hair." She asks, a glimmer of hope in her radiant green eyes.

"No sorry. I just save my work to a flash drive. This cabin really is like stepping back in time."

"You're not kidding. Under different circumstances I would love it here. Well, it sounds like I won't be going anywhere until this storm passes. I hope that's not a problem."

"No problem at all. I'll set you up in the bedroom and I'll sleep here on the couch."

"Oh no, please. I can sleep on the couch. I can't take your bed."

"You can and you will. I insist."

"Thank you, Peter. You have been so kind, I really appreciate it."

I subtly smile, then stand. "Here, let me show you around." I extend my hand to help her up. I must have pulled too hard, because she stumbles forward and I have to place my hands on her waist to catch her from knocking both of us back to the floor. She braces herself by placing her hands onto my chest and we're so close, I can feel her breath fan my face.

"Oh, Peter, I'm so sorry. I'm such a klutz."

I hold her close a moment longer than I probably should before she steps backward out of my reach, yet still looking into my eyes.

"Well, um, you saw the kitchen and living room. The bathroom is right over here. I think there may even be an unused toothbrush in the linen closet you're welcome to use. Towels are in there as well. The bedroom is through there. If you don't mind, I may steal one of the pillows and there are extra blankets in the closet if you get cold; this room tends to get a little drafty."

"Peter, thank you so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking me in."

"It's my pleasure."

"I'm gonna go ahead and take a shower. I think I still have paint in my hair from earlier today." She said, running her fingers through her blond locks.

"Is that what that is, I was curious, but didn't want to say anything."

A faint laugh escapes her lips. "I was helping my mom paint today. I had planned to shower when I got home, but we know how that turned out."

"I think I have a pair of sweat pants and an old t-shirt you can wear. They'll be a little big, but it's better than nothing. I'll lay them on the bed for you."

She thanked me with a smile and disappeared into the bathroom.

As promised, I placed some clean clothes onto the bed and took the opportunity to change into comfortable clothing as well.

As I waited for Jenna to finish showering, I turned on an old AM/FM radio I keep around, so I can listen to the weather. I figured she'd want to know how soon she'll be likely to get out of here and back home.

Static....."wind chills reaching -20°, with wind gusts up to 55 miles per hour. Visibility in rural areas will be nearly non-existent for the next 24 to 48 hours. We haven't seen a blizzard like this since the winter of '64. Again, please be advised, this blizzard will affect the tri-county area.....".....static

Well that's not what we want to hear and Jenna's not gonna be happy about this news either.

After shutting off the radio, I pulled out my laptop to continue writing while Jenna was in the bathroom. I was actually making a decent amount of progress until I heard the bathroom door open and Jenna walks out with just a towel wrapped around her petite frame. Dear god, this is the last thing I need.

"Peter, I hope you don't mind, I used your shampoo to get the paint out of my hair." She bit her bottom lip out of nervousness...oh what I wouldn't give to bite that lip.

"That's fine. Help yourself to anything of mine."

She released her lip and the corners of her mouth stretched up into a smile as she turned into the bedroom.

I let my head fall to the back of the couch, closing my eyes in frustration. Why did it have to be a beautiful woman that got stranded? This is going to be the hardest weekend ever. No pun intended, since I'll be taking an obscene amount of cold showers.