12 | Not Your Average Monday

**Peter's POV**

I spent the entire weekend thinking about my brother's suggestion. Do I dare show up at her work? Would she be happy to see me? I don't know that I should bring flowers though if I do go. If she doesn't want to see me, I don't want to be that rejected loser with the flowers.

I decided if I was going to do this, I needed to stop over-thinking and just go.

I quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a nice shirt and started the drive to the hospital. I knew she worked in the ER, but I didn't know if she would be working, if she would be too busy to talk to me....or worse, maybe she wouldn't want to see me at all. Peter! Stop thinking like that, I told myself.

As I pulled into the parking lot I noticed there weren't too many other cars here. This is good. I made my way into the ER and stopped at the reception desk.

"Hello, sir, what do you need to be seen for today?" The middle aged nurse asked me with a blank expression on her face.

"Oh no. I don't need to see a doctor. I was actually hoping to speak to one of your nurses, I just don't know if she's working today."

"Her name, sir?"

"Jenna. Jenna Porter."

The nurse picked up the phone and spoke to the person on the other end.

"Hey, is Jenna back there....can you send her out to the front desk?"

"She'll be out in just a minute, sir."

"Thank you."

I paced anxiously, occasionally peering down the hall to see if I could catch a glimpse of her. After what felt like forever, but was likely just a couple minutes, I saw her round the corner and make eye contact with me.

She froze in place momentarily and her eyes grew wide. It was in this moment that my heart stopped, thinking maybe I shouldn't have come. My heart quickly restarted when I saw a smile stretch across her beautiful face and she started running toward me.

My feet carried me to her as fast as possible and I swept her up into a bone-crushing hug, swinging us around in a circle.

"I'm so happy you're here! I tried to find you, really I did."

"I'm just so relieved you're happy to see me."

I finally set her back on her feet and took her face in my hands to give her a kiss. A kiss she quickly returned eagerly.

When we pulled apart, her arms reached around my waist to hug me again. "I'm sorry I left so quickly, I was just so overwhelmed by everything that happened when the deputy arrived."

"You don't need to apologize for anything."

It was then that I realized Jenna and I had drawn a small audience of staff and patients. "Hey, Jenna...can you maybe take a break? Could we go some place a little more private?"

A laugh escapes her lips as she looked around. "Sure I can take a short break, come with me."

She took me by the hand and led us into, what I can only assume is the oncall room. It had a couple bunk beds, but not much else.

"I just still can't believe you're here." She swung her arms around my neck to kiss me again.

"I didn't just come here to see you."

"Oh. Are you ok? Is something wrong?" She begins searching my body for visible injuries.

"No, I'm fine. I wanted to ask you out on a date."

Another big smile spread across her face. "I'd love to, Peter."

I returned her smile at hearing her response. She then lept up into my arms, wrapping her legs around my waist, kissing me hungrily.

I turned around and pressed us up against the closed door wanting to take her right here and now when we are interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Jenna, I know you're in there. Open this door!"

Jenna's lips pull away from mine. "Shit!"

"What? Who is that?" I ask her, still holding her up against the door.

"I'm her best friend, now open this door!" The woman shouted through the door.

I let Jenna slide down onto her feet then she opened the door for her friend.

"You slut! You were gonna have sex in the oncall room!" She yelled pointing an accusing finger at Jenna.

Jenna just rolled her eyes, "Peter, this is my best friend, Molly. Molly, this is Peter."

"Nice to meet you." I said hesitantly, extending my hand for her to shake.

"Oh, I've heard ALL about you, Peter." She said with a wink. "You have no idea how happy you've made my girl by showing up here today."

"Molly, can you please give Peter and I a minute? I need to get back to work and I want to make sure he has my number before he leaves."

"Fine, I'll leave. Nice to meet you, Peter."

"You too." I said as she disappeared out the door.

"Sorry about her." Jenna said with a slight blush coloring her cheeks.

"Don't worry about it." I cup her face in my hands to give her another kiss. "I'll let you get back to work. Can we have dinner on Friday?"

"Sure. I should be done by 6pm on Friday. Pick me up at 8pm?"

"That sounds perfect."

The two of us exchange phone numbers and I leave her with one last kiss before she walks me back out to the front desk so she can go back to work.

I couldn't help but smile as I walked back to my car. Seeing Jenna again had made my day and I couldn't wait for our date on Friday.