8

{Lucy POV}

I opened my eyes, looking around.

"I didn't know Fairy Tail was so dark..." I sat up, realizing I wasn't in Fairy Tail.

In fact, this place was very familiar...

I gasped. "Ankhseram--"

"Well. You're smart after all. I thought you'd gone stupid with how much of the magic you were using." The god appeared in front of me.

Ankhseram was a tall, muscular man. He had dark, smooth skin. His black shirt was tucked in, and a black cloth flowed from his waist to his ankles. He wore black leather boots, and his clothes had a white trim. He had a black hat, which donned his head. He had short, gray hair. Yeah. His clothing low-key sucked. He had a deep, baritone voice.

"I see you've finally told your guildmates about your magic, dear."

"Y-Yes, I did..."

"Oh, I'm not angry." He said. "I'm glad you've opened up. It's the first time you've done so in years."

I stayed silent.

"I told you the guild would accept you no matter what." He said. "Did you decide to open up because I told you that?"

"No." I said. "I did it to save them."

"Why?" He asked. "You're only a guildmate. They're not even your friends."

I thought about it. Why DID I reveal my magic to them?

"You have a sense of family and friendship, Lucy." He said. "Even when you've never experienced what it was, you feel love."

"Love? I don't love anyone..."

"Love doesn't always mean between a girl and guy, Lucy." Ankhseram said. "There is love in friendship and family."

"They're not my family." I said. "I don't know my family, and you know that."

"A guild family is richer than a blood-related family at times, Lucy." He said. "A guild is where a family is born. It's where feelings are nourished. Fairy Tail led you to a new path: A path of love."

"You're making me cringe." I said.

"That was the idea."

I smiled.

"It's time I go." He said. "I hope you adjust well, Lucy."

I closed my eyes, and felt like I was falling.

{Natsu POV}

I quickly exited the room to change. Luckily, Gray didn't help me.

I came rushing in, sitting by Lucy. Everyone was told to leave unless they were able to warm Lucy up. Some people stayed, but a lot of people left.

Macao left when I came.

"You have a better chance of warming her up than I do." He said, patting my shoulder.

I nodded and sat down, a towel around my neck.

Lucy was wrapped in blankets. Her lips were tinted blue, and her eyes were closed. She was leaning against the wall.

I lit my hand and put it near her. She opened her eyes, looking at me weakly.

"Ankhseram..." She muttered. Then she looked around.

"You're in the infirmary, Lucy." I said. "You're being warmed up."

Suddenly, she widened her eyes. Her lips turned normal, and she stopped shivering.

"I-It's really hot..." She said, taking the blanket and unwrapping it from herself. She had a new, tan-colored sweater and long, comfortable pants.

"You're...hot?" I asked. "You were freezing minutes ago!"

"N-No..." She said. "I mean, I'm feeling better now."

"You sure?" I asked, extinguishing my flame.

She nodded and looked around. Porlyusica came over and checked her temperature.

"Your magic is such a mystery to me, young lady." She commented. "Your temperature is back to normal."

"Thank you." Lucy said.

I stood up. "Want me to walk you home?"

"I don't...I don't have a home..."

"You can stay at my place." I said. "It's pretty big."

Lucy's mark glowed a faint yet dark shade of orange. "I actually have a place I want to go to..."

"You do? Where?"

Lucy stood up. "I need to visit someone."

"Who?"

"I can visit people and move around, right?" Lucy asked Porlyusica. She nodded.

"As far as I'm concerned, you're all better." She said.

"Thank you." Lucy said. "I'm going to leave."

"Seriously, Lucy. Where are you going?" I asked, grabbing hold of her wrist. She looked at me.

"I'm going to pay a visit to my father."