14

{Lucy POV}

My hands clenched against his chest. Natsu's arms wrapped around me.

When he stopped the kiss, my eyes fluttered closed. My breathing was unsteady. 

I opened my eyes again. I snapped out of my thoughts and pushed myself off. 

"I-I-Um..." My hands were a nervous wreck, rubbing the back of my neck, straightening my shirt, and rubbing my arms. 

"You think you can get me another ice pack?" He asked, as if nothing happened. 

"Y-Yeah!" I rushed to the kitchen, and leaned against the wall, my hand immediately going up to my chest to feel my heartbeat. 

I looked up at the ceiling and sighed. 

"Uh, you forgot the pouch, Lucy."

I smacked my forehead. 

I'm an idiot.

I speed-walked to the couch and snatched the pouch from his hand. 

"I'll be back." I rushed to the freezer and quickly took some ice out. 

Maybe it was just an accident. Maybe he's delusional from the pain...

I zipped the pouch and walked towards Natsu. He was staring at the ceiling, his head resting on his arm. 

"Here." 

He saw me and sat up, reaching for his ankle. I sat down and put the ice pack on it. 

"J-Just stay still." I said, lightly pushing him back. 

We stayed in silence for a minute. 

"W-Why did you do that?" I asked. 

"Do what?"

"Y-You know—"

"Are you asking me why I kissed you?"

My face burned. "Y-Yes."

"Don't people usually kiss because they like each other?"

"B-B-But—"

"So you don't like me?"

For some reason, the words, "Of course not!" couldn't escape my lips. I awkwardly looked away. 

Natsu smiled and laughed.  "That's nice to know."

"H-Hey, I never said I did like you, though!"

"You didn't deny it."

"T-That's because—"

"It's because you like me."

I stood up. "I-I'm going to leave."

Natsu looked at me and caught my wrist before I was able to take another step.

"I didn't mean to hurt you or make you uncomfortable." He said. "I'm sorry. Just stay here a bit longer with me."

I hesitantly sat down, but he shook his head. "Not there."

"H-Huh?"

He pulled me, making me yelp yet again. I fell and landed right next to him. We faced each other. 

"That's better." I tensed as I felt his arms wrap around me. His right arm cushioned my head. 

"N-Natsu—"

His snoring interrupted me. This guy was already asleep?

I struggled against his strength. 

"No." He said, firmly tightening his grip. "You can't leave."