15

{Lucy POV}

"Ah, I feel so relaxed!" Natsu said, stretching back. "And my ankle feels all better!"

"That's a relief!" Wendy said. "I couldn't be there to help you...I'm sorry!"

"Nah, it's all good."

I slurped up my smoothie and walked towards Erza, who was carrying wooden pillars. 

"Um.,.is there anything I can help with?" I asked. She looked at me. 

"Hm...you did a lot of work today...so I don't think we have anything for you." Erza said. She smiled. "Don't worry about it and have some time to yourself. Maybe go on a job! It'll clear your mind and relax you."

I thought about it. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah! Should I ask the guys to go with you?" She pointed at Natsu and Gray. "I can ask the entire team to go, if you want."

"N-no, it's okay!" I said, waving my hands out in front of me. "Thanks."

Erza patted my shoulder, and continued. I decided to take her advice to consideration and decided to go on a job. 

"Hm..." 

"Lucy, do you want to try an S-Class job?" I turned and saw Mira-San looking at me. She waved, and  I waved back. 

"An S-Class job...?"

"Yeah! You're magic would be extremely helpful if you took one." Mira-San said. "You're practically qualified already!"

"I don't know..."

"Oh, it's just a suggestion! You can go on a normal job if you want."

"Yeah, I don't want my magic getting out of control when I'm on my own..." I said, gratefully smiling. "Thank you, though."

I turned back to the request board. A paper caught my eye, and I took it. 

"Demons running rampant in town...?" I looked slightly above the flyer in confusion. "Demons? Why would Ankhseram..."

"Yo, Lucy! Going on a job?" I turned around again and saw Natsu and his team walking towards me. My face burned when he waved.

"U-Uh, yeah! Just...picking a....job...." Why is it that I can't talk? Ugh, snap out of it. 

"We'll join you!" Natsu said. I looked up. 

"H-Huh? No, it's okay..." 

"Come on, lets see it." I took a step back. He curiously looked at me. 

"No, really, I'm fine. I just have to catch a bunch of demons. I can handle it, since demons are Ankhseram's specialty." I said, smiling nervously. 

"Demons?" Gray asked. "I can handle them too, y'know."

"Well, I have a feeling they're different." I said, looking at the photo. "These things aren't ones you can kill with your devil slayer magic."

"Oh? Why is that?" Gray asked, crossing his arms. 

"These are demons of Ankhseram..." I said. "I can handle them, but they're blood-hungry creatures. Seeing a human can tip them off, and their natural instincts will make them kill you."

The entire area turned cold. Everything quieted down as I looked around. 

"Um..."

"You're not planning on going...right?" Mira-San said. 

"Well..." I rubbed the back of my head. "I have Ankhseram's power in me, so they'll recognize me...and I can control them...Probably..."

"Let us come with you. Just in case." Natsu said. "What if you're not able to control them, and they kill you?"