3: Transformation

Luka's POV

The discussion continued smoothly. Arc fell asleep on my table with his stuffed toy snuggled between his legs.
I stroked his fur and took down notes.

"Now then, I want you guys to research about the royal family tree; print out pictures and write as much information as you can gather."

Everyone fixed their belongings and I tapped Ark.

My mate was a heavy sleeper and no matter how many times I shook him awake, he wasn't responding.

I rummaged through my bag for a treat and found the last piece of biscuit. I slowly placed the biscuit in front of my mate's small black nose and chuckled when his head raised  while his eyes were still closed.

He opened his mouth and followed my hand as I withdrawn the cookie farther away from him.

Ark groggily opened his eyes and yawned, stretching his short legs. He lazily sat and his tail wagged in gradual speed. His blue and green eyes snapped open at the biscuit in front of him.

I could practically see the twinkle on his eyes while he hungrily stared at the biscuit.

Biscuit addict.

"You want the biscuit?" I teased, waving the cookie side-to-side. His eyes were following the movements of my hand.

He licked his lips, including his nose and glanced at me with those big heterochromatic eyes. What the hell? Was he making his eyes bigger for more effect?  I moved the biscuit in front of his lips and flung my hand back when he nearly bit off my fingers.

"Bad dog!" I scolded. Ark whimpered.

"It's your fault for teasing him," Cerberus scoffed.

"Whatever," I huffed.

"Hey Alpha," Kade called.

"Die in a ditch," I seethed.

Kade rolled his eyes. "Is that your everyday greeting?"

"Yes, so get over it and leave me alone."

"Oh come on, you promised that you'll tell me about that dog. So what's up?" he asked.

His expression was full of enthusiasm. He will never leave this be until we rot and turn skeletons.

I groaned; news will spread sooner or later so I might as well grow some balls and say it.

"This dog...is my mate," I said.

Kade's mouth hung open and then he burst out of laughing. He even fell off the chair, causing Ark's curiosity to spark as he stood from where he sat and tilted his head to see a laughing moron.

My beta wiped a tear and I raised a brow at his pathetic snickering self. He brought his ass back to his chair and willed his giggles to die away.

"You're serious?" he asked. I looked at him without any humor and his smile dropped.

"Seriously?"

"No, I'm kidding," I lied.

"Woo, for a second there I thought I'll have a husky for a luna-"

"I'm serious," I interrupted him.

The earlier the better.  Ark was my mate and no army of the United States or Hitler's can change that.

Kade looked at me, dumbfounded.

"Wha-how?"

I shrugged. I put my mate's penguin inside of my bag and carried him.