13: Enjoyment (?)

Luka's POV

It's Saturday, I will be married the day after tomorrow. In those days that have passed, I have been drowning in ambivalence. One day, I was excited about getting married but the next day I was afraid that something would happen. I know that Cerberus felt it too, I know that he was uneasy as I was but the little bastard didn't care since all he cared about was his dick.

"I can hear you, you know," he drawled.

"And you are not even bothered," I spat.

Cerberus yawned and stretched his limbs. "You are such a worrywart, who cares if something goes wrong? The important thing is that we get married as soon as possible with our mate and complete the mating ritual. If something happens after that then we can just use my smart brain to fix it."

"By brain, you mean your dick? Well, we are doomed. Our pack will be erased from its existence and we will no longer be remembered in history thanks to your so-called brain slash dick," I insulted.

Cerberus growled at me and half of his spirit went out of my body, he whacked my head and got back inside. This son-of-a-bitch was really getting on my nerves.

"Luka?" Ark called out snapping out of my inner quarrel with Cerberus.

I looked down at my mate and smiled. I and Ark were at the mall. My aunt's shop was here, it was some clothing store for marriage. We were going to try out the newly sewn clothes made for us.

I was wearing my casual clothes of black jeans and black v-neck shirt that had words in front saying: "FUCK OFF" and I made Ark wear an orange long-sleeved t-shirt and white pants. People were eyeing him suspiciously. I didn't cover his face with anything since dad said that it was time to expose him. A few of the pack members already know who my mate was, they were still confuse though and the humans well, they were still weak and stupid. Honestly, we were living together in the same city but they were still oblivious of what was happening around them.

"Yeah?"

Ark chuckled cutely and shook his head. He looked to the ice cream store to our left and bit his lip. They were kids with their parents buying some.

"Do you want ice cream Ark?" I asked him. Ark looked at me surprised and nodded. We walked towards the stall and ordered two vanilla ice creams in cones. I gave the vanilla ice cream to Ark and he wolfed down the cold cream.

"So cold!" he happily cheered.

"Woah slow down, you might get a brain freeze," I reminded him.

Ark's attention was diverted to another store selling stiff toys. My excited mate ran and pulled me there. "Ark what the heck!" We got inside of the store and Ark let go of my hand. Cerberus whined in protest. I followed Ark around the store and one particular light brown teddy bear caught his attention. It was a bit big, bigger than Ark's upper torso.

"So cute..."he mumbled.

"You want the bear Ark?" I asked him. Ark looked at me and nodded. I smiled at him and he immediately grabbed the bear and hugged it with one arm.

"Can I?" he asked with a worried expression that I might not give it to him.

"Of course, but we have to pay for it okay?" I told him. We walked towards the counter and paid for the stuffed toy.

"I'm surprised that you didn't want to rip off the bear..." Cerberus drawled.

"Why?"

"Well, you wanted to mercilessly shred the penguin toy last time because Ark did not want to let go of it. You were jealous."