5: Affection

Luka's POV

It had been a week since I got my adorable mate/dog/pet/lover?/....It's complicated. My beta had bought me the toy to replace the penguin but Ark, the smart, adorable creature just knew which was which. Maybe because of the smell? Dogs also had a sharp sense of smell. But I noticed how he became more protective over that toy which left me with the urge to just rip it to pieces. If only I did not love my mate to the very core of my soul then I.WOULD.DESTROY.IT.

This week wasn't full of Ark and Me week, sadly, no, it wasn't. My father just had to make me and the other warriors make rounds around the town at the middle of the night. I was in charge of the night shift now after the incident with the fake Jude. From that day, the alpha, which was my dad, made the security tighter that I didn't have the chance anymore to show my mother Ark -not that I'm complaining-, I'm thankful actually. I knew that she would squeeze the life out of my mate and I can't have myself mate-less. I will be like a widow who lost her husband from the war.

After doing my round with the other pack members, Cerberus hastily ran to the direction of our house as the members of my group dispersed into different routes. I was always worried when I left Ark alone; although he was already sleeping since his bedtime was between 9:00 to 12:00 a.m, I am concerned that he might just wake up and whimper with that most heart-melting sad puppy eyes.

I shifted back into my human form, hearing Cerberus curse the debts of my being. I'm sure we're not the only ones feeling the agony every time we shift from one form to another. It was a curse for werewolves, a known cons of being in this kind. After shifting, I stood on my feet, bare naked as the day I was born and entered my household. I locked my door and prepared myself to see my baby but I tripped on something fuzzy and did a backflip making sure that I didn't step on the fuzzball. When I was safely settled on the ground, I turned my head and saw Ark still sleeping soundly when a 6 foot 7 giant with an exposed dick almost crushed him.

AMAZING!

I gently picked up Ark together with his toy in my arms and went upstairs. I placed Ark on the bed and put the penguin beside him and lied down on my side of the bed. I stroked his fur, feeling the sensation of tiny icicles beneath my palm and slowly felt the drowsiness taking over.

"Our mate is so cute,"Cerberus purred.

"Uh huh, you said it...It was a good thing I didn't crush him," I replied.

"If you did crush him, I will kill you," Cerberus threatened.

"If I die, you die. Idiot," I grumbled.

"But the difference is, you die first," he retorted.

I sighed exasperatedly at my wolf's idiocy and childish behavior and just let him win this round since I'm the one who almost made Ark a mashed potato puppy. If something happened to Ark I don't know what I'll do. I let my eyes close and drift away to the sea of unconsciousness.

I was awoken by Ark pawing my chest; well basically he was tapping his paw adorably on my chest with him on top of me. I could feel his hot breath over my face.

"Arf!"

I decided to tease Ark and just pretend to still be asleep. He was always like this every morning anyway. It just meant that he was hungry. Ark whimpered and made circles with his lithe body on my broad chest.

"Wake up! Do you plan on making my baby thin?!" Cerberus growled.

"I'm just teasing him a bit."

"Well it's not funny!"

I heard Ark's tummy grumble in protest and made me want to beat myself up. I hugged Ark and my mate licked my cheek and chin.

"Good morning Arky," I murmured. Ark barked and I opened my eyes and found two different eye colors looking at me back. Gosh they were so dazzling. Even though I have seen those eyes and stared at them so many times, I can never get over how beautiful Ark's eyes were.