25: CLEVERNESS

The sky was so bright...

The birds were at flight...

I found myself in the middle of grasslands where Cerberus and Ark went through to get to the lake where Ark offered me a torturous swimming lesson. I could hear the faint laughter of my mate and my body led me to him slowly. He was there...swimming happily as if he had no care of the world....that was until he saw me and his bright smile was replaced with a frown.

"What are you doing here?" he stated bitterly.

"Ark-"I was cut off when I felt someone tap my shoulder.

I turned my body around and found Drake giving the same frowning expression. What the hell was he doing here? What the hell was happening? I can't remember anything...

"I thought I told you to get away from my husband?" he seethed. I was confused and fucking hurt. What the hell was he saying? When did me and Ark divorced? Was divorce even allowed between married wolves? He told me he fucking loved me and that he was lucky to have me as a mate. What the hell was happening?

"Kid, let's just give up, Ark doesn't love us anymore..." Cerberus drawled like he didn't care at all.

I can feel a growing hole in my chest from all the negative emotions swirling in my heart. I felt like I was about to get a mental breakdown. My breathing became fast and my hands began to shake in anger.

"What the fuck are you saying? Did you lose your balls?!" I growled at him angrily. Cerberus was not like this. He wouldn't give our mate up; he would fight for him till death!

Cerberus started messing in my head with discouraging words. I covered my ears and squeezed my eyes shut.

"SHUT UP!" I screamed. This pained feeling was unbearable.

"Give up...just die...our mate doesn't love us anymore..."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I shouted. My heart felt like it would explode any second now and my eyes just pushed the flow of tears out.

Why?

Why?!

WHY?!

"It's not worth it anymore...Our mate doesn't love us..."

My eyes began to water as my will began to fade.

"That's right...I don't love you anymore Luka," I heard Ark mutter.

I opened my eyes and found Ark already in front of me and with Drake hugging his naked body from behind. "I don't love you anymore...You are the worst mate. You are nothing compared to Drake. You are trash...." He stated and a smirk formed on his lips. I took a step back and held on to my chest.

No...

This wasn't true...

Ark would never say these things...

No!

"This isn't real! This is just a dream!" I growled.

"I don't love you...I reject you..."

I bellowed in pain from his hurtful words. My eyes focused on the sweet yet poisonous smile of my mate. Nothing hurt more than hearing him hate me and reject me.

Was I really not good enough?

I took another step back and my body fell into the pool of water. I begin to sink and see the darkness of the deep water consume me.

My hope...

My dreams...

My heart....

Were all starting to disappear...