29: RECOVERING

I wanted to wake up...

I wanted to open my eyes and see what was happening...

I wanted to know how many died in the war that will never be written in the history books outside the werewolf life...

Hell...was I even alive?

I don't know for how many hours I've been trying to open these damn eyes of mine but I had no energy to do so. I don't know for how many hours I lived in a place whose scent was foreign to my nose. I can feel something tight covering my whole body leading me to a conclusion that I was bandaged from head to toe.

Numerous questions filled my head making me panic. I wanted to scream so badly but my body never cooperated with my brain. Why wasn't Cerberus talking to me? Where was that damn perverted wolf when I needed someone to assure me that I was still alive?

"I'm fucking resting; you're not the only one who was baked alive for Sunday's lunch. I practically look like the bloody dogs in Resident evil," Cerberus grumbled. He sounded like he just woke up. "Now shut up and let me lick my balls."

"You don't have to tell me-"

"Shhh! I need concentration. It's hard to reach my nuts in my current condition now shut up!"

If I had the capability to roll my eyes at him, I could have done it ever since this moron started talking. Well at least I know that I was alive. One thing I know about where I was that the place was near a beach.

I can hear the back and forth movement of the ocean and of course I can smell the scent of the salty water. I heard some faint talking and laughing from outside. There were footsteps approaching me and just from the scent I knew who he was. The chair scraped and I heard him sit followed by him sighing. I just wanted to take him to my arms now.

"Hello Luka...It's been a month since the war. I miss you," he murmured to me.

A month...

I've been out for a month?!

I felt him place his hand over my stomach but the warmth and the feeling of his hand on me was getting numb slightly by the bandaged..

"Won't you wake up for me? Our other pups are alive but...Loki is the one...who..." at that point Ark couldn't finish his sentence anymore. He started sobbing and whimpering and it made me useless that I couldn't even comfort him.

I could feel my eyes releasing some tears as well and it made me beat myself up mentally. I wasn't strong enough to protect Ark and our kids and here I was listening to my husband's heart wrenching cry and I couldn't even do shit! Ark started to hiccup and I was slowly dying inside just from hearing him. Cerberus started whining at me to stand up and comfort our mate but my body was just uncooperative.

"I'll go... now...Luka... rest," he sobbed. I heard his footsteps drifting far away and I was begging him to not go mentally.

Fuck this!

"Oh please, you don't even have a dick now to do that," Cerberus whispered in his upset tone.

"Can't you hurry up in healing me?!" I growled at him angrily.

"Kid, healing you and healing me take time."

Damn it.

Hours passed and I could have gone nuts if there wasn't any sound of the ocean. How I was even glad that the people outside were noisy. I fell asleep due to my emotional and mental stress and when I woke up, there were two men talking by my side.

"Raphael, thank you for coming down," the man stated.

He sounded familiar. He sounded like the man from before who had the same power as me.