CHAPTER 13

I woke up to a very annoying beeping sound. Thinking it was my alarm, I tried to move my arm to slam it but my arm was restrained I opened my eyes to a white ceiling. Confused, I looked around and found out that the beeping sound was a heart monitor. Realizing I was in a hospital, I tried to sit up but stopped and groaned in pain.It was then I realized that almost my whole body was in pain. I looked around searching for something or someone and stopped when my eyes landed on a sleeping Cole on one of the hospital chairs.

"Cole"

He groaned but made no movement to wake up. I rolled my eyes but continued.

"Cole"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Cole fell from his chair but still jumped up looking around for a threat. Once his eyes landed on me in my state his eyes softened a bit and I looked down remembering he was angry at me.

"Vick"

"..."

"Victoria look at me"

"..."

He stood up and lifted me face to meet his with my chin then said

"I'm sorry for the way I reacted that day. I shouldn't have done that but..fish Victoria I can't even think about you getting too hurt without wanting to throw. Yes, we've been friends for a short period of time but we all care about you deeply.Do you forgive me?"

I nodded my head silently and when I finally had the courage to talk I said "I'm sorry for cutting myself, I really am Its just I've been beaten by my father almost everyday since I was fourteen already four years ago. This was the first time in those four years that my dad wasn't at home to beat me and I wasn't just used to not getting hurt for such a long time"

"Vick its alright I'm not angry just, let me draw a butterfly on your arm." I smiled lightly and nodded my head.For those who don't understand, a butterfly is a drawing on the arm for cutters, when they cut the butterfly dies which is why it prevents the from cutting. He brought out a marker from his back pocket and drew a butterfly on one f my arms since the second was on a cast.

" The doctor said you'll heal in about three days, your arm wasn't broken it was just a little bit fractured and nothing too serious. Your ribs weren't broken but you'll be having body pains for about two days so you were given pain killers to take twice a day."

I nodded my head at the new information given to me and finally asked the question I had been meaning to ask him since I woke up.

"What happened to my dad?"

Cole's jaw clenched.

"He ran away before the police could get to your house."

"How did you know what was going on?"

He sat down on the chair he was staying on before then said " I was praying for you when I suddenly had the urge to go check the cameras we installed in your house. When I got there your dad was with you and Ella, I decided to wait a little to see what was going to happen but when I saw Ella leaving I knew nothing good was going to come out of it. I waited a little bit and once he slapped you, I called Victor and we both rushed to your house while Victory called the police. When we got there, I had planned on just getting you away while Victor distracted your dad until the police came but seeing you in the state you were in, saying I was angry would be an understatement, I was livid. I did my best to focus on getting you out of there while your dad tried to beat up Victor but being that Victor was very fast, he was able to dodge all hits and he ran away before the police was able to get there."

I nodded thoughtfully. I was still scared, my dad was out there and he could track me down, even kill me. My mom, she's dead to me. The moment she left my dad to beat me she lost her title as my mother.

"Where are Ella and the twins"

"Ella and Victory went to pack your clothes from your house. They were not having any risks of your dad coming back while you were alone, so they decided that you'll be staying in the twins house with Ella until he is caught. Victor went to get you food obviously not getting hospital food. I hope that's okay with you?"

Obviously

"yeah, sure"

He nodded and we stayed like that in a comfortable silence until Victor came in with three McDonald bags. His face lit up when he saw and he rushed to hug me but stopped when he realized my arm was in a cast and his face immediately morphed into a scowl.

"How are you doing?" I shrugged and said

"I've been better"

He went to sit beside Cole then said "the Ella and Victory should be here soon, they called me about Five minutes ago saying they'll be here in five minutes meaning they should be here any second" And just like perfect timing, Ella and Victory busted in immediately dashing towards me both hugging me firmly but not tight enough to make me feel pain.

I laughed and hugged them back. We stayed like that for sometime before they finally let go.

Cole then said " The doctor said you could be discharged whenever you want you just have to sign some papers since you are already a legal adult"

"What are we waiting for, Get me out of here"

****************************

vote..

comment..

an follow