Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Lyla:

    The crisp, cool air was beating down as we entered the town in which we would be living. London was even more beautiful than all the pictures. My best friend, Chloe, decided that after both of us graduated high school we would move out here. So, I had to work for a year at a local restaurant. But finally we made it out here. The iridescent airport lights were beating down on us, it was only 5:45 PM, but it seemed like it was nine or ten o'clock.

"Do you want to go get some coffee after we check into the hotel?" Chloe broke me out of my trance.

"Yeah, sure."

    I whistled for a cab, living in New York did have other perks other than polluting the air.

"Where to?"

"637 London Ave. The Hilton Hotel."

"Ah, you ladies visiting?"

"No, we're moving here!" Chloe interupted as I was about to answer.

"Thanks, Chlo. Yeah, we just got here and need to look for some flats."

"I know a good realtor if you guys need one."

"Thanks! That would be awesome."

    So I stared out the window of our cab door and wondered what this perplexed city would bring. As we pulled into the hotel, everything seemed to be a blur. Before I knew it we were on our way to the nearest Starbucks.

"I'll take a carmel macchiato, please. And she'll have a passion tea."

"Coming right up. That will be $8.23. Can I have your names?"

"Lyla on the coffee and Chloe on the tea."

"Alright, you ladies have a nice day."

    We went and sat down, then all of a sudden these girls started screaming.

"Who are they?"

"That's Louis and Zayn from One Direction!" Chloe so enthusiastically answered.

"What's up with them?

"They're in a band."

"Oh, okay. Let me talk to them."

"No! You can't just talk to them. They're famous!"

    Ah! Children. They know nothing.

"Yes, I can. Besides, the dark hair one looks familiar."

    Just as our names were being called I casually made my way to the counter; where as I said, the dark hair one looks very familiar.

"Yeah, that's me. Thanks."

"Excuse me, do I know you?" Nice pick up line.

"Um, I'm not sure."

"I'm Zayn." He flashed a flawless smile at me.

"Lyla."

"That's a wonderful name. Would you like to sit down?" Wow, that escalated quickly.

"Sure."

Chloe:

    As I was coming out of the bathroom, I bumped into someone. I fell. Great! Now I feel retarded. I looked up. He had gorgeous blue eyes and brown swept hair. He wore a white and red striped shirt, with blue rolled up trousers, and some broken-in red TOMS. He looked so familiar. His smile was stunning also.

“Are you okay,” He asked.

His voice was breath taking. It brought me back to reality.

“Are you okay,” He asked again.