Autumn respite

It has now come to be the later end of autumn. Snorkmaiden has invited all the girls in the area to go apple picking for the day. I wrap my baby in his warm clothes and put his spare scarf and booties in his diaper bag. Before heading out the door i put him on my back in his wrap.

The sun is shinning out which only slightly counters the cooling sea breeze.
"Ready to go?"
Moominmama and i live closest together so we can walk together.
"yeah, i cant wait to make pies or tarts with what we pick today!"
Quite honestly there are a few things i plan to do with them. There are so many possibiliities. From pies, preserves, drinks and tarts how could anyone be tired of the apple? with all these dreamy thoughts i nearly run into a tree branch. Luckily the next to join our walk saves me. Alicia waves the branch out of the way just as my forehead made contact.
"Be careful Kes! You nearly ate that poor branch!"
We all pause and look at eachother before breaking into laughter.
"How weird. I could have sworn i was tanuki not beaver."

Just as we get over the giggles the orchard comes into view. Snorkmaiden, Fillyjonk and Amber are already there. They are setting up the ladders and unrolling the nets from large baskets.
"Say, may i borrow a basket for the time being? I dont want the little one to bump his head by chance an apple falls upon us."
Snorkmaiden flaps the last net open and gives a thumbs up. I seperate one and lay Kivia in it swaddled and wrapped up warm.
"Now let us get started yes? I shall take the first turn on a ladder as i was late to set up."
The Fillyjonk comes around and side eyes the baby before huffing and taking a nets end.

The first few hours go by just as planned. At least a bushell of apples lay ready to be sorted good from bad. Amber and myself climb down to help. Just as we get to sorting a familiar red head is seen comming out from Ambers hair to help.
"Since when have you been here My?"
She stands as tall as she can and places her fists on her hips.
"Why, ive been here all the while! Couldnt you tell the apples were falling twice as fast on MIne and Ambers tree?"
I hadnt noticed at all if im being homest. i was busy on my own.
"Yeah well once we go back up i can pick em fater than you could dream!"
Little My huffs and sorts apples even faster so she can get right to proving me wrong.

"On three we go at it okay?"
I bunch my skirt and get in stance.
"Yeah."
While we were getting ready, Amber got to a tree next to us and got into a strong form.
"One... Two.. Three!"
Plop, plop, plop three were all we were able to pick before the crash. Amber rared back and kicked her tree. Being so strong nearly every ripe fruit fell immediately as well as a few stray leaves.
"Woah!! Keep that up and the trees may become to scared to fruit again!"
We side down and round up whats fallen. Surprisingly, not many were bruised in the fall.
"So..,"
Amber smirks a little at our awe.
"We see who really can get apples down the fastest huh?"
We have been defeated but it didnt matter, that was super cool.
Mama, from the side calls that once these were sorted we could stop to have a snack.

Sitting around a picnic blanket she hands out sandwiches to everyone.
"Thank you Mama."
"Yeah thanks Mama."
"Mhm m-m"
I take Kiv out and feed him his bottle as im sure laying there hearing this all unfold made him hungry too.