Waiting for Hank & Y/N

Chapter 3: Waiting for Hank & Y/N

The following morning Y/N walked into the department with a coffee in hand. She quickly went to her desk, not in the mood to talk to anyone. She continued to analyze the case from the previous night, searching the file for any missed information.

"Excuse me. Do you know what time Lieutenant Anderson usually arrives?" It was Connor. His voice caused Y/N's head to turn. Once again, she stared at him. For some reason, he fascinated her, and she couldn't put her finger on it.

"Depends on where he was the night before." The officer chuckled. "We're lucky if we see him before noon. His partner Detective L/N is here." He said motioning to Y/N.

Y/N snapped out of her trance, and waved Connor over.

"Hey Connor." She said, giving him a small smile.

"Hello Detective L/N." He said, sitting in the empty seat by her desk.

"Y/N is fine." She said, turning back to the computer.

While she looked at the files, He analyzed her desk. His eyes landed on two photos on her desk. One was of a dog. It was a D/B. The other picture was her and what he assumed was friends.

"What's your dogs name?" He asked her.

"How do you know I have a dog?" Y/N asked, turning to the android.

"The picture on your desk." He pointed to the frame.

"Oh, obviously Um, D/N, their name is D/N." Y/N said awkwardly.

"You like F/G music, right?" Connor asked. Y/N glanced to her phone, which showed F/S was playing.

"Yeah, I do."

The doors opening attracted Y/N's attention. Hank walked to his desk. His face dropped when he saw Connor.

He ignored the android, and sat at his desk.

"Hello Lieutenant." Connor greeted." If I may ask, do you typically arrive late?"

A sour expression formed on Hank's face. "That's none of your business, pal." Y/N smiled awkwardly at Hank and Connor, and focused her attention on her computer.

"My apologies Lieutenant. It wasn't my intention to be unpleasant." Connor paused. "You also have a dog, right?" He looked at Hank.

"Yeah, how do you know that?" Hank asked.

"The dog hairs on your chair. I like dogs. What's your dog's name?"

Hank glared at Connor for a moment," What's it to you?" An uncomfortable silence formed around the three, before Hank spoke again," Sumo... I call him Sumo."

A silence once again formed around the trio, before Captain Fowler yelled out," Hank, Y/N, in my office!"

Y/N and Hank got up and made their way to Captain Fowler's office, Connor following. Once inside, Hank and Y/N took their seats, Connor standing behind them.

"I've got ten new cases involving androids on my des everyday." Fowler started off." We've always had isolated incidents. Old ladies loosing their android maids and that kind of crap. But now we're getting reports of assaults' and even homicides, like that guy last night...This isn't cyberlife's problem anymore . It's criminal investigation and we've got to deal with it before shit hits the fan." He continued." I want you two to investigate these cases and see if there's any link."

"Why me?" Hank responded Harshly. "Why not just Y/N, she's able to do it." He pointed over to her.

"And have her solve a case by herself? Hell No!" Fowler said, making Y/N look at him in offence.