Something for a start

Third Person’s POV

It was dark in the room. The only audible sound was both Robert and Belle’s breaths.

However, he had been awake for hours.

Watching her.

Not wanting to wake her up and bother her with his frustrating cravings.

Even though, he knew it had been worse before, he still had horrible symptoms, every now and then.

There would not be a day he would not be like that.

The positive part was… they were not that severe.

So, taking a deep breath, he decided to leave the bed, quietly, without waking Belle up. He knew where she kept the medication for him, and even though he knew he should not take them without better medical advice, those made him feel better.

Walking to the small kitchen, he crossed paths with Claire, who was alone in the living room.

“Hey” he whispered, suddenly forgetting about the water and the medication he already had in his pocket.

“Oh, Robert.” She sadly smiled at him, watching him approaching her to the comfortable couches.

Oh, yes, they had left the plane.

When the investigations turned out to be a lot slower, they decided to leave and get a nice place with two master rooms, kitchen and living room, only available for agents, in the basement.

“Is everything alright?” He softly asked

“Yes” she whispered “Can’t sleep”

“Well, that makes two of us”

“Are you feeling alright?” she asked

“Yes, perfect” he smiled

“I… ugh…” she took a deep breath

Robert softly smiled “You can let it out”

She bit her lip “I really admire Belle, you know”

The agent was caught by surprise. He was not sure where Claire was going with that conversation

“Me too, Claire. The both of you, actually.” He smiled

“Oh, no…” she looked down “We are quite different”

“You went through similar pasts”

“You know” she whispered “I was, when Belle first arrived at Aphrodite, the VIP girl. I did not really know what they were going through. I was only requested when extremely necessary” she breathed “And… I was convinced myself that I knew exactly how it was like”

Robert attentively heard her. Belle had told him about that, he remembered. She had told him when both still met during the nights, at the club.

“But I did not. And when I was ditched… I…” she bit her lip, finally letting the tears fall.

Robert was not sure if he should lean forward to hug her and comfort her or not. He got his answer when he tried, though.

She moved back

“I’m sorry” he whispered “It’s ok… just want you to be ok” he looked at her, sadly “what made you remember all those times, now?”

She wiped her tears away “I can’t… I don’t think I will ever be able to…”

“Claire, I am sure Tom understands that… hey… he will give you all the time in this world”

“It is not fair to him, you know”