Companion

Third Person’s POV

“But, Rob… are you sure?” Tom asked

They were all comfortably sitting on the plane, ready to head back to the basement before planning what was the best thing to do.

“Is she not dead?” Claire asked

Robert stared at her, then back at Belle, who spoke

“Yes, Rob… on that night I… she got shot”

“I got shot too, Belle. That does not mean anything. Maybe she is still alive…”

They had no arguments for Robert.

He could be more than right

“At least, Fritz we definitely know is dead”

“I am not sure if he was aware of this part of the deal…” Robert spoke “He saw himself in a very desperate situation, with us… and he never even mentioned… hmmm I don’t know.” He took a deep breath “Are we you ok, Claire?”

She showed him a small smile “yes. Thank you Robert”

“Oh, please do not” he slowly stood up, immediately followed by Belle

“Why don’t we all take a rest?” she suggested

“Yes, good idea.” Robert immediately left for the small room

“Well, I am really hungry, I will stay for a little longer” Tom smiled “Want something to eat, Claire?”

“Yes, I could use something”

Belle smiled at the young couple, but immediately left them to go after Robert

“Robert?” she asked

“Yes?”

She softly opened the door and entered, spotting the agent sitting at the end of the bed

“Are you ok?” she softy approached

He sadly smiled “I am good. I am just frustrated”

“Cravings?”

“Oh, no…” He mumbled “Just… this entire situation”

Belle sat next to him, comfortably “No one could have guessed, right?”  

He nodded, sadly “It is going to be so much harder now, though. We have nothing… there’s nothing we can use or somewhere to start”

“Hey, why don’t you just take a rest for now?”

He softly smiled, turning to her “What about you? Are you ok?”

“I am great, Rob. Missing Theo, but, I am not leaving either.”

“You can go, it’s ok. You know the champion needs his mommy”

Belle smiled “No, not right now, at least.” She raised her hand to caress his hair

His eyes stared at hers, melting with such words and, obviously, her gentle touch.

Seduced, he moved himself closer, kissing her cheek and hugging her tightly. He was still well aware of the limits. And he would never dare to cross them.

“I have to thank you so much” he mumbled, as Belle let herself get involved by his warmness and comfort.

“You do not”

“You’re saving my life. Useless to say it is not the first time”

She smiled against his chest “Are you forgetting who saved who in the first place?”