Soon

Third Person’s POV

“About 15 minutes until we get to the basement, Agent Reilly.”

Robert quickly approached the pilot “Anything unusual in the air?”

“No. Nothing’s on our radar”

“Communications?” Robert asked

“Still not restored… No sign of anything”

Robert nodded “Land on the basement, unless you see some bigger threat. In that case, just call for me”

“Roger that, sir”

Robert walked away. He had not stopped for a single minute, during the entire trip. He just knew he would completely drown in despair if he stopped. Thoughts would kill him.

So he wandered around.

He first took Zoe to the doctor, then returned to the team and tried to get some news on everyone else. The agent also met the Turkish men, but was incapable of getting another word of them. He really did not need much from them, though.

Robert knew it had to be the director behind it. He had no idea if he was directly involved on the traffic, but it did not matter anymore. The source of the entire thing was found. It would be over.

Still, such thoughts did not make him feel any relieved. Not without knowing what had happened on the basement.

“Agent Reilly?” The doctor suddenly met Robert

“Yes? Have you observed Zoe?”

“Yes” He sadly smiled “I do not have the proper means in here, but I am confident there are no signs of a threatening infection. The poor girl is not anywhere near good, though”

Robert gulped. He could guess that, already.

“I think we all can guess there are obvious signs of sexually involvement and violence. I will not even talk about the psychological and emotional trauma.”

“I know…” Robert spoke

“She is too young. She probably lost her innocence with all this. It will be tough on her, forever. I advise good support and… psychological attendance.”

Robert nodded “Thanks, doctor”

“She felt asleep on your spot, I let her be”

“Of course”

“Agent Reilly, we are going to land”

“Alright” Robert turned to his colleague “Split the team. Half to go with me on the ground. The other half to stay”

“Taking care of that straight away”

Robert gulped, anxious about what he was about to see.

“We are here, Robert” Emma kindly smiled “They were saying there’s fire on the ground. It was difficult to find a spot to land”

“Still no news on anyone”

She sadly shocked her head, trying her best in controlling her emotions. And succeeding. She was Emma, after all. The toughest among everyone.

“Let’s keep close at first. We don’t quite know what is expecting us”

“Yes, Sir”

They waited until the plane finally landed before jumping out “Be cautious!” Robert warned as they looked around.

Everything was on fire. The buildings flared up. Wrecks of… planes, cars, trucks… everything.

It was all destroyed.