Chapter 8: Togrutas Alike

AHSOKA TANO-BONTERI

Ahsoka stood in the field, watching over some of the younglings. She watched as some of them talked to one another and trained.

She couldn't wait until her child was one of them.

As she watched them, a mix of emotions washed over her.

She did this.

She was the only reason the Jedi were still alive.

Not only that, but she was righting whatever wrongs were in the old Jedi Order.

She was so grateful she had chosen to intervene at the temple. If she hadn't, the Jedi would certainly have been doomed and she wouldn't have been able to live with herself. She would probably never see Rex again, and never know the true fate of what happened to her master.

Or maybe she would've.

Either way, it was better she found how she did. If the realization had to slowly come on her after years... She didn't know if she could live that way.

"You look lost in thought," said someone behind her.

She looked to her side to see the Togruta padawan Morra Sevarro standing next to her.

She took a seat next to Ahsoka.

"Hello, Padawan Sevarro," Ahsoka replied.

"Hello, Master Tano," Morra replied. "What's on your mind?"

"It's just..."

"Master Skywalker?" Morra said.

"Yes," Ahsoka said. "I... I want him back..."

"We all do," Morra said. "But you're strong. You can get through this."

Ahsoka sighed.

"There's still good in him," Ahsoka said. "I know it."

"Me too." Morra said. "Just try not to get yourself killed trying to bring him back, okay? Everyone is counting on you here."

"I'll try," Ahsoka replied. "Unfortunately, it's not that easy."

"I know," Morra said. "When I was running from the Clones at the Temple, I was scared for my life. Until you came. You brought me to survive. You had nothing but your own will, your strength, and your bravery. And because of what you did, Ahsoka, you saved us."

"I know," Ahsoka replied. "I just... I just don't feel so good about myself sometimes. If I had never left the Order, then-"

"Ahsoka," Morra interrupted her. "You can't change the past, and if you could, you'd probably cause a kriff ton of temporal paradoxes."

"You think I don't know that?" Ahsoka said. "I just... I know I can't change my past, young one. I just... It's almost like he's a part of me, and I can't let him go."

"You can still change your future, though," Morra replied. "You can change it for the better. That's what you did, and that's what you're doing right now."

Ahsoka sighed.

"You have great potential, Padawan Sevarro. Maybe I'll knight you sooner rather than later. You are strong and wise, and I am very proud of you."

"Really?" Morra asked.

"Well, for someone who's a year younger than me, you're talking to me like a mentor. I trust that if and when you get a Padawan, you'll do a great job teaching them."

"And you'll do a good job teaching your child," Morra said. "I can't wait to see them. If they're anything like you and Lux... well, they're going to have a bright future. Stay strong, Ahsoka. Do it for them."

Ahsoka looked down at her belly. The fact that there was a child in there--her child--it just seemed so surreal. Even now, when she was just a few weeks away from being halfway through her pregnancy.

"Also," Morra said, "what's their name?"

"Still haven't decided," Ahsoka said. "But it's probably Rex if it's a boy, and Satine if it's a girl."

"What if it's twins?" Morra asked.

"I would have sensed it if it were so," Ahsoka replied. "It looks like I'm only having one child right now."

"Even then, I can't wait to see them," Morra replied.

"Well," Ahsoka said, "thanks for talking to me. I needed that."

"You're welcome, Mater Tano."

She got up and gave Ahsoka a bow. Ahsoka bowed back.