-𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙍𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨-

Well Are You?

             Your morning had started off unpleasantly

             Your morning had started off unpleasantly. Usually, you were energetic and full of life when you awoke, but not today. You get nauseous. To the point where you threw up. You didn't think much of it until you had gotten a notification on your phone.

         "Oh shi-" You said. Staring at the notification telling you that you were late.

         Quickly, you made your way down the infirmary wing to get a pregnancy test. You tried your best to be discreet and not draw people's  attention. You took a sigh of relief as you made it there without being noticed and you began looking for a test. Once you finally found a box, you hide it in your hoodie pocket.

         You were startled when you turned, seeing Nat looking at you.

         "Hey, babe," She said with a cocked eyebrow. "Watcha hiding there."

          "Oh, nothing," You try to play off, but lying has never been your strong suit. "I just ran out of um- tampons."

          Nat nods, but she can sense the dishonesty. "Why didn't you just ask me? Our rooms are right next to each other."

          "I didn't see you in your room, so-"

           "Strange," she interjected. "Because I've been there all morning. You know I always sleep in a day before a mission."

           "Right," You say awkwardly. "Um- well... didn't want to ruin your beauty sleep."

          "Okay," Nat shrugs. "Just know that whatever comes from those tampons, I've got your back."

         You nod, feeling very awkward and went to go back to your room. Once there, you speed to the bathroom and ripped the box open. You take the test and began to wait.

         As you wait, you heard the door of your room open. "Baby," You heard Steve call out. "You here?"

         "In the bathroom," You croaked out. Your voice sounding shakey.

          "Are you okay? You sound a little off."

         "I'm okay, my love," You tell him. "I'll be with you in a bit."

          Your alarm goes off and you quickly turn it off. You take a deep breath and looked at the pregnancy test.

            In clear words, it says pregnant.

:::***:::

            You feel eyes on you as you suit up for the mission. Turning around, you see Nat staring at you.

         "Yes?"

         "How do you feel?" She asked.

         "Great." You smiled at her.

          "Uh huh," She nods. "How were you feeling this morning?"

             "Nat-"

             You halted your words as you feel a strong pair of arms around you. "You ready for this mission?"

              "Always," You smirked.

              Steve kisses your cheek. He begins to tell the rest of the team the objective of the mission. It was hard for you to pay attention with Nat giving you weird looks.

           As Tony lowers the quinjet on the location, Steve gets on his motorcycle and gets off. Before you could jump out, Nat placed a hand on your shoulder.

         "I think you should be sitting this one out, Y/N." She said seriously.

           "What do you mean, Nat?" You asked her.

            "I've tried to get you to just be up front about it, but I can't let you go out there when I know your pregnant."

             "WHAT?" You heard Steve ask through your ear piece.

               Both of your eyes went wide with shock, forgetting that your mics were on.

               "Fuck," Nat said. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I didn't know that Steve didn't- it's just that I heard you throwing up and then that weird thing in the infirmary-"

               "And she was eating pickles and ice cream together. How did I not see this?" Steve asked himself, throwing his motorcycle at a car of bad guys.

               "Congrats, you guys. Glad that Y/N's knocked up and a little Steve is going to be running around," Tony said. "But I'd also like to remind everyone that we're on a mission right now."

               "I'm going to be a dad!" Steve said excitedly as he punches people.

                "I never said that I was actually pregnant!" You said as Nat made you sit down on the jet and strapped you in safely so you couldn't leave.

                "Well are you pregnant, Y/N?" Clint asked.

                 "Yes." You mumbled. The whole team cheered, causing you to wince at the loudness.

               "HOW GLORIOUS THIS NEWS IS!" Thor hollered with a smile.

                 "I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!" Steve said, adrenaline coursing through his vein. "I'M GOING TO BE A FUCKING DAD!"

                   "Language!" Tony scoffed.