-𝘽𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙮 𝘽𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙚𝙨-

What Could've Been
Kinda sad...

             A pair of arms wrap around you

A pair of arms wrap around you. "Mr.Barnes." You smirk as you continue making breakfast.

"Mrs.Barnes," He chuckled, placing soft kisses on your neck and shoulder.

"We should go wake up the children." You tell him.

"No," Bucky protested. "Let them sleep in a bit more. It's been so long since I've just been alone with my wife. My beautiful, amazing wife."

You giggle, feeling flattered by his words. "They'll be late for school."

"One day won't do anything," Bucky said. "Let them miss today and we can go out and have a family day."

"Alright, that sounds fun," You smile at him. "Go on up and tell them."

Bucky smiled. He excitedly went up stairs. He knocked softly on the twins bedroom. "Wake up sleepy heads," He coed.

The two boys woke up. A sleepy look still on their face. "We're having a family day!" He exclaimed to his boys. "No school today."

"We can't." One of the boys said sternly.

Bucky held a confused look on his face. He was about to ask why but the other boy spoke before him. "This is just a dream James."

He shot up out of bed, panting heavily. His body glistening with sweat. His face sank to his hands as he cried.

That could've been his life. It would've been a beautiful life with her. His Y/N. Bucky turned and looked at his bed stand. There lay the locket. Her locket.

He took it carefully and opened it. He smiled sadly, staring at the sentimental picture inside it. He remembered when they took this picture. It was his last day before he got deployed. Bucky was dressed in his crisp uniform and her in a stunning victory suit.

            Tears were streaming down his face a he remembered her. Oh, how he longed to be with her. The world was cruel to him, and to her. His heart shattered when he found out what had happened to her.

         After Bucky's death was 'confirmed', she broke down. People said she went insane. Staying cooped up in her house, and telling everyone she was waiting for him to come home. She didn't get married to anyone else. She had no children. She just waited for him, but he never came. Then, she died peacefully in her sleep.

          "Y/N," Bucky sobbed. "I'm so sorry."