one.

A/N: ok hi, i have a little bit of an idea of where i want this story to go but we will see if that actually happens lol.. i also am thinking about like writing a oneshots book so if that sounds like. a good idea, lmk!

----

y/n pov: it was my first day starting my internship with the fbi and i was assigned to the bau seeing as i was studying forensic psychology. it feels so surreal to think that everything i had been working for, for the past four years at school was finally paying off and i couldn't be more excited. i woke up feeling a little tired due to the fact that i had gotten nearly no sleep the night before thinking about the new adventure i was about to start today. when my alarm went off i quickly got up and got ready for the day. after taking a quick shower and blow-drying my hair, i brushed my teeth and put in my contacts and went to the kitchen to make some iced coffee and eat some breakfast. after i had finished cleaning up after myself, i went back to my room and finished getting ready.

i decided to wear some black skinny jeans, a white, quarter sleeve mock-neck top, putting a black blazer on top with a simple gold necklace and small gold hoops. i kept the makeup simple, wearing only mascara and a bit of highlight to finish off the look. i grabbed my bag and pulled on my doc martens before grabbing my keys, locking the door, and heading down to my car. i plugged my phone in to the aux, turning on my "bad bitch" playlist before putting the car in drive and heading to quantico.

when i arrived outside the large fbi building, my nerves suddenly started to kick in, and i felt sick. quickly pushing the negative thoughts to the side, i turned off my car, grabbed my bag and headed for the entrance. once there i was greeted by a tall man who introduced himself as aaron hotchner, the unit chief of the bau. his demeanor was very stand off-ish due to the stern look on his face, but his eyes seemed soft with a hint of pain. i could tell he was all business and seemed to be the type that didn't tolerate any childish behavior. 

once we were inside the building, he lead me to the elevator and pushed the button to the sixth floor. once we reached our destination, i followed him through a set of glass doors into the bullpen area. immediately i could feel all eyes on me and the nerves came back to play. agent hotchner announced that everyone was to meet in the conference room in 5 minutes, and i knew that he was about to introduce me to the team.

once everyone had gathered and was sitting around the large circle table in the middle of the room, agent hotchner spoke, "this is our new intern, y/f/n y/l/n. she will be joining us for the next few months while she finishes out her last semester at university. i expect you all are aware that this means she will be joining us on cases and helping out with paperwork. end game goal by the time she leaves is that she is fully prepared to apply to the academy." he looked over at me and continued, "please don't go too hard, i have a good feeling about this one, and i don't want her being scared off." he finished this sentence by looking at one of the team members with a smirk, who i didn't know the name of but could immediately tell he was a flirt. i looked over to the man hotchner was pointing at and he introduced himself. "hi y/n, im morgan. derek morgan," he said which earned some snickers and a few eye rolls from the rest of the team. everyone went around the table introducing themselves after him. every single one of them was kind, and i instantly felt welcomed. one person in particular caught my attention more than the rest and that was emily prentiss. 

after introductions were made, the bright woman who introduced herself as garcia stood up and directed all of our attentions to a flatscreen on the wall. she explained that there had been a string of murders in a small town in montana. after the case was presented, agent hotchner had announced that we would be leaving soon. after the room cleared out i stayed seated looking over the case when i heard a voice behind me. "you seem a bit young to be here," i turned around looking up to see the young man who had introduced himself as doctor spencer reid. "i could say the same to you," i answered back with a small smirk on my face. he laughed a bit and replied, "it's nice not being the youngest anymore. by the way, i hope you didn't take what hotch said about morgan to heart, he's a good guy, just very forward." i gave him a smile standing up, "don't worry, it's gonna take a lot more than an attractive guy flirting with me to drive me away,"i replied sarcastically while walking out of the conference room with reid. 

as we left the room, i felt eyes on me and looked over to see none other than emily staring me down from the position she was in at her desk. when she realized i caught her looking, she instantly looked away trying to make it seem like she was busy on her computer. i smiled to myself a bit, knowing that she was looking. i shook that idea out of my head and grabbed my stuff, getting ready to head to the jet.

emily pov: i don't know what it was about her but i instantly was so interested in the younger female. i don't know if it was the fact that she was the newest addition to the team for the time being, or if it was because she was probably one of the most beautiful girls i had ever seen in my life. even from the short introduction she had given of herself, i could tell there was something special about her. i couldn't help but look at her. her hair laid perfectly off her shoulders.. her soft smile that i already knew could light up any room.. and her eyes were a place you could easily get lost in...

y/n pov: once we arrived on the tar mat, everyone made their way onto the jet and i sat down in a window seat. following me was morgan who sat next to me, and across the table, jj and emily sat facing us. once we were up in the air, we discussed the case a bit more, before dispersing a bit before landing. as soon as the case file was set down, the three agents sitting near all turned their focus to me. morgan asked the first question, "so, you're a college student huh? what are you studying?" i looked at him and replied, "i'm actually a double major. criminal justice and psychology and triple minor in biochem, business, and international studies." everyone had a bit of a shocked expression on their face. jj spoke up, "wow, giving reid a run for his money i see." and that earned a bit of a pout from the younger male agent who was sitting across the isle. i laughed and answered back, "go big or go home i guess," with a small smirk. this amused the agents around me and i looked over at emily, who was looking at me again with the most beautiful smile i had ever seen on someone. she then spoke up and asked, "so, y/n, what made you so interested in criminal behavior analysis?" i sat there  for a moment thinking before answering back, "i've always been interested in psychology i guess.. i've definitely had my fair share of experiences that landed me in some not so great situations.." not wanting to give too much detail as to what they were continuing, "as far as psychopaths... not too sure," with a small laugh. my response again earning laughs from the team, except for one, emily who continued staring. jj spoke up again, "so, y/n, where are you from originally?" she asked. again i answered back, "i was born in england actually, but i was raised in colraodo by my adoptive parents." this again grabbed their attention and morgan answered back, "you are just full of surprises aren't you, miss thing. prentiss over here lived in london for a while so i bet you two have something in common." i smiled back at that.

emily pov: i had asked about her interest in behavior analysis and it seemed like that question had thrown her off a bit. i wasn't sure why, seeing as she was literally working towards becoming an actual part of the team one day. after she replied, i continued looking at her and noticed a slight shift in her attitude. she seemed a little more closed off, crossing her arms across her chest and leaning a bit more into the window that was on her left. i was curious as to why this shift had happened, but tried not to think too much of it. when morgan mentioned that we might have something in common, i instantly perked up a bit, and for some reason felt some butterflies in my stomach.

y/n pov: shortly after more small talk and being interrogated with questions we had landed in montana and we were on our way to the local police station.

--

a/n: ahh ok so i hope this wasn't too bad of a start.. please lmk what you guys thinkk hehe (: