ten.

a/n: so i wasn't really expecting the last chapter to go the way it did but here we are lmao.. so i'm gonna try and switch the vibe a little bit! enjoyyy

--

emily pov: when i woke up in the morning, y/n was still asleep. she looked so peaceful laying there, and i was hopeful that sleeping off her emotions of last night would put her in a better mood today, for her sake. i looked at the clock and saw it was 6:30am. i knew that we were expected to be back at the station at 8 o'clock sharp, but seeing as it wasn't even seven yet, i laid there for the next fifteen minutes lost in thought.

i thought about what jj had said to my yesterday about not being able to hide my feelings about y/n. i realized how much i actually really cared about her, but i also was fully aware of the fact that i barely knew her as a person. i obviously wanted to get to know her more, but seeing as how closed off she was, i knew that was going to take a while. and i also knew that i was willing to put in as much time as it took.

y/n pov: i woke up and felt a lot calmer than the night before. i looked over at emily and she was staring at the ceiling. i don't think she noticed i was looking at her and all i could do was stare in awe at her beauty; even before seven in the morning, she looked perfect. i wanted to spend the rest of my life waking up next to her, and although that sounded absolutely insane- seeing as i haven't even known her a month- i had a gut feeling.

emily and i had stopped at a little bakery on the way in because she insisted on buying me in iced coffee so i could 'start the day off with my favorite thing.' little did she know, i already had when i woke up next to her. none the less, we arrived at the station five minutes earlier than we needed to be there, before waiting for direction from hotch. once everyone had arrived, reid had shared a new discovery he had made last night about our unsub and everyone knew exactly what it meant, except for me.

the team immediately looked at me, "what?" i asked nervously. reid spoke, "well, y/n, you're the unsubs' exact victim type... and since we know his comfort zone..." i knew exactly what he meant as soon as he said this. "oh hell no," i said, "there's no way. i'm not even trained for this type of stuff." hotch acknowledged that i was right but persisted none the less, "y/n, you aren't going out alone. we would never put you in that situation. but you're our best chance right now, and we all believe in you. morgan and reid will be there."

emily pov: as soon as i realized she was going undercover, i was scared. "i'll go with her sir," i said, and this got everyones attention. "she can't be alone, like she said, she's not trained for this." he nodded understanding, but not without giving me a look that i knew meant "we will be talking about this later." i knew he was going to send jj with her and i normally wouldn't be bothered by this because i trust jj with my life, but i needed to be there to protect her; not anyone else. 

the rest of the day, hotch was going over procedure with y/n for later tonight and making sure she knew exactly who we were looking for and how to pinpoint who our unsub may be. while they were talking, the rest of us were discussing other details of the case, and how we could wrap this up as soon as possible. jj pulled me aside and of course wanted to talk about y/n.

"hey," she said, "how are you feeling? i mean, you offered to take my spot tonight." i looked at her and i knew she was trying to get me to admit to the fact that i wanted to see y/n dressed up. "i know... i just feel like i need to protect her jj. and you know that i trust you with my life, but with her it's just different..." i trailed off and she had a smug look across her face. "yeah, em, i know. it's because you like her. a lot." she began, and i opened my mouth to speak before she cut me off, "it's okay. i get it. and just so you know, she likes you too, a lot." and with that she gave me a wink, turned on her heels and walked back to the rest of the team. i couldn't help but smile to myself, but i tried to push the idea out of my head because we had work to do, but mostly because i was scared jj was wrong.