6. SEVEN SECONDS

Finally. 20th morning. Hazel was already up. She woke up at 7 in the morning with the ring of the alarm she'd set on her phone yesterday night. She wore the new formal set she'd bought last Wednesday. Though she wanted something formal, she didn't go for something totally typical. She maintained some style. She bought a black top, zip at the back, with fluffed sleeves, because just a plain black shirt wasn't gonna satisfy her fashion taste. She'd thought about plain white or cream colored trousers but while looking for it she came across something else and bought it. It was a beige pencil skirt. No design, plain and simple. But it caught Hazel's sight. She went to the trial room with both. They were perfect, specially when she imagined herself wearing them with her leopard heels. But as a whole outfit, something was missing. She needed to accessories it with something. And thankfully, right while she was thinking what she needed, she found the perfect accessory. A black belt with two connected golden rings in the center.

Damn Hazel Maxwell!! Your fashion sense is terribly gorgeous! I should participate in some dressing events or fashion shows. Who'd dare to defeat me?!? Haah!

Hazel smiled to herself and took the three products hanging on her left arm to the billing counter. On the way to the billing counter something else caught her eyes again and was also carried to the billing counter along with the other three. A peachy pink lipstick. This was rare. Not the lipstick. Hazel buying lipstick was rare. She'd usually buy one every year, which would be a dark blood red. But this one somehow managed to get her attention, and when the saleswoman applied it on her lips for a trial, she almost fell in love. Not with the lipstick. With herself. Yes, because of the lipstick, but with herself. And as she was wearing a thick black hoodie now too, she could understand the insane combination to be formed when she'd wear her new formals with this light colour on her lips. And because the black garment and the lipstick were complementing each other, she didn't tell the saleswoman to remove it. She let it be on herself.

She payed for the four poise and elegant looking products she'd chosen, and left the shop. While she was waiting in the line behind three others for the billing she'd also already thought that she'd just wear a ring on her right hand, a watch on the left and she'd carry her large black Caprese bag because she'd need to carry her printed resume and documents, and also a bottle of water and some emergency food. Even if not the food, water was compulsory. Hazel drank a lot of water. A lot. Which is why her skin was always clear, glowing and almost flawless. It did have some flaws, she had two spots on her right cheek which were the result of something gross growing up there and Hazel ending up scratching them vigorously. Now having decided about her whole outfit, with two people having left the line, Hazel decided to tie her hair up into a nice and neat ponytail so that her open hair would look smart and stylish and also wouldn't just blow up on her face. By the time she imagined her whole look, she was already standing in front of the billing counter.

Now, she's looking exactly like she'd imagined herself to look like. All set! The clock says 9. She needs to leave at 9:30. She'd already packed her bag up with all the necessities. Now the only thing left was to eat her breakfast which would be in charge of providing her the energy and confidence she needed for the interview. Anne too being free cooked it for her. The schools were on the after-exam-vacations and Anne was done correcting the papers she needed to. Now she too is as free as Hazel until the school reopens. She'd made her beloved 'soulmate' boiled egg and Mayo sandwiches, grilled with garlic butter, accompanied by some coffee to warm her up through the cool january winds and also to help Hazel gulp down the big bites of sandwiches which she'd always choke on. Hazel once even choked on a muffin, named Blueberry Eyes, because it had a smile made on it with chocolate sprinkles and a set of big round blue eyes which were actually blueberry candies. She was so attracted by both the name and the looks of the muffin that she took a bite of the muffin, which was almost half the muffin, and she almost choked on it. Thankfully Anne patted a few times on her back and she threw up the whole thing. One was embarrassed while the other was relieved. The opposite of how it should've been, Hazel was embarrassed of herself, while Anne was relieved to see her bestie alive!