Goodbye kiss

Carson's pov :

I was already preparing myself to go to my office this early because I have a meeting at 8 AM.

"Hun" I called my wife brynn over. I smile as I saw her walking towards me still in her nightgown. She never fails to make my jaw drop because of how gorgeous she is.

"Carson, I already did this a bunch of times, why are you still making me do it?" she chuckled as she fixed my tie. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer.

"well, is it wrong that I don't want you to be and inch away from me?" I grinned and she just playfully tolled her eyes and smiled.

"Daddy?" A small voice interrupted. We both looked at the door and awed seeing our daughter rubbing her sleepy eyes while holding her stuffed toy.

"Hey baby" I walked towards her and lifted her, giver her a bunch of kisses, making her giggle "daddy!" she squealed.

After that little tickle session, she pecked me and brynn's lips "good morning mommy and daddy" "good morning sweetheart".

"Come on, let's eat breakfast" I carried her to the dinning table. I placed her on her highchair and pecked her forehead.

Brynn gave her pancakes and a glass of milk. She happily dug in. I backed hugged my wife 'God it feels so great to call her mine' I thought.

But anyway, getting back to the story. I kissed her neck, making her smile and turn towards me "aren't you gonna eat, love?" she asked.

I looked at the wall clock "oh gosh, I'm late, I'm sorry hun, I'll make it up to you later hm? I love you both" I kissed her neck and grabbed my suitcase and headed out of the door.

I was about to head inside my care when I felt something was off 'did i forget a file?' I thought. I felt that something was missing.

I immediately headed back inside and my heart broke. Zola was sitting on Brynn's lap while sobbing. And that's when I realized.

"Carson, I think you forgot something" my wife told me. I walked towards them and kneeled in front of my baby girl. "daddy y-you didn't give zola her g-goodbye kith" she sobbed.

I-i'm officially the worst human ever. I carried her and she sobbed on my neck. Who cares about that damn meeting. I'm the boss anyways and my little girl needs me more.

"I'm sorry baby doll hm" I kissed her all over her arms, neck and face, making her stop crying but looked at me with her teary eyes. "Daddy forgot kithes" she filed her cheeks.

"No, no look I came back right? to give my little girl kisses hm" she eventually nodded and hugged me more "I wuv you daddy"

"I love you too"

THE END