- 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙨 -

(A/N - I've said this already but, in this fic kiyoomi has a slightly different personality)

Unedited-

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

People walk in this place like the way a gas fills a jar; no matter how few of them there are - all the space will be taken. It's like they are programmed to get as far from one another as possible, make no eye contact and move fast.

In all these three months, nothing really changed. Same old classes, staring students, beautiful skies.

Kiyoomi and Atsumu walked through the crowd, on the college hallway towards their classrooms, which seemed like a street market full of people clashing and dashing on one another.

As for them, they had defenitely became closer than before. Even though kiyoomi barely trusts anyone, he knew something was up with Atsumu. Maybe it's because they are roommates, or rather the feeling he had when they were together.

It was odd for him to make a connection so fast, to give his trust so easily, tentative though it was. There was something in the way he smiled, a warmth, a genuineness, a softness of spirit he just couldn't pass up. He listened like he was absorbing his words. The more time he spent with him the more his spirit lifted, the more comfortable he felt in his presence, he was the new friend he'd needed for so long.

Atsumu had originally joined college with the thought that he could make a lot of friends with his personality and looks. Sure, he has a lot of friends and fangirls, but kiyoomi had a special place in his life. He never expected him to trust others easily, but when atsumu came to know that he trusts him, he felt happy.

He didn't recall having this happiness when he heard any others say him that. But when Kiyoomi said that to him, it felt different. When he lowers his personal boundaries for him, helps him, wakes him up every morning- Atsumu felt happy.

The two hadn't recieved any letters for all this while, for which they felt relieved. Even though they had built trust in each other, they didn't feel the need to share that certain topic.

The letters.

As strange as it might seem, they didn't believe in it anymore. 'It doesn't make sense.' Is what they told themselves each day.

And so, days went by, pretty normally, like how a college student's life should be.

Classes, music, friends and fun.

"I loveeeeee amusement parks! And especially roller coasters! They're amazing, right omi-kun???" Atsumu asked his friend, excited and childish as usual.

Kiyoomi looked at him and sighed. Wordlessly, he lifted his hand and placed his palm on the other boy's head.

"I told you to stop acting like a child." He says, and ruffles his soft hair.

Atsumu averted his eyes and pouted, "And I told ya I'm not a child!"

Kiyoomi laughed and brings his hands back.

He always laughed around Atsumu.

"Okay okay, bye." The black head waved at him and moved to his classroom.

"See ya!" The blonde replied and smiled, before walking ahead.

Life was good.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Kiyoomi dragged his chair and sat on his seat. He looked around to see students standing in groups or pairs, talking and chatting.

A few of them waved at him, to which he politely waved back. He quietly opened his bag and searched for his phone, since class was starting late anyway.

That was when his fingers graced upon a smooth paper, which he recognised instantly.

'Not this again'

Groaning in frustration,he lifted the letter up and placed it on his desk. He stared at the letter aimlessly, not really wanting to open it.

Debating whether he should open the letter and ruin his entire day thinking about it, or just keep it as such and die out of curiosity, he didn't realise he'd been staring at it for quite a while.

Snapping out of his thoughts and internal debate, he decided he should just open it and not think about it much, since being curious about it sounds more painful.

He slowly removed the seal and unfolded the white smooth paper.

To Kiyoomi,
The right one.

He closed his eyes and exhaled. Folding the paper and placing it back in his bag, he told himself, 'that's it, you're never thinking of it again.'

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Atsumu entered his classroom and glanced at his classmates.

"Yooo Atsumu!" They greeted him cheerfully.

"Morninn!" He greeted them back and went to join their conversation.

"Hey, I found this on your desk!" He turned back to look at one of his classmates calling him.

He was waving something at him. A letter.

"O-Oh! Yeah, that would be for me." Atsumu smiled nervously, trying his best not to sound suspicious.

"Here you go!" The boy handed over the letter to Atsumu.

"Seems like you are getting more popular among the girls dude! Geez, let us have some too." One of his friends nudged him, as the others laughed at him.

Atsumu shoved the letter into his pocket and laughed along with them.

'Guess i have to open it later.' He thought to himself.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■

Atsumu let out a tired sigh as he fell back on his bed, staring at the rotating fan above him on the ceiling.

'The right one, huh?'

Atsumu shook his head, regretting thinking about this again. He was exhausted after all the classes, and on top of that he always had some kind of group surrounding him, making him talk in some way or the other.

He hugged his pillow, wanting to sleep already. The blonde closed his eyes, the dark dreams captivating him as he goes into a deep slumber.

Now, Kiyoomi wasn't surprised to see Atsumu asleep when he entered the room. It was fairly a common thing, and not to mention, kiyoomi himself was super beat today.

He changed his clothes and lay on his bed, going to sleep immediately after he closed his eyes.

But it wasn't a pleasant sleep, for, he had to be awoken after hours by a loud scream echoing in his ears.

■□■□■□■□■□■□■□■